PROLOGUE

Emma's POV

I woke up slowly, enjoying the light slanting through my window. Today is sunday and i know that i can sleep all i want. Just when i was about to make myself comfortable and sleep back, i heard my mom calling me from downstairs. But i was not ready to getup yet so i just made sure those calls don't reach my ears and snuggled in my blanket. Then came my mom pulling my blanket away from me.

" Emmy baby getup, we have somewhere to go today"

"Mom today is Sunday please let me sleep"

"No you have to getup, i got a call from your grandfather asking us to visit him today. He also told that there is something really important to talk about"

Well here i am going downstairs all ready to visit my grandfather sacrificing my early morning sleep. It took us almost 2 hours to reach my grandpa's place. Once we entered the house i ran to my grandfather and hugged him.

"Emma how are you doing?"

"Am fine grandpa. How are you and how's your health"

After all the greetings and spending sometime talking we are now having our lunch and then my mom asked her father what is the important thing that he wanted to discuss about today.

" I have something to discuss about Emma" he said looking at me and turning to mom

"Remember when she was born i promised my friend that i'll marry her to his grandson?"

That is when i was shocked and alerted myself to the upcoming conversation.

"When i tried to contact him recently i got to know that he passed away and his wife was happy to listen from me and wants her grandson to marry Emma. I know they are not from here and i might sound crazy asking for this but i really want Emma to marry him and fullfill the promise that i have given my friend" he said and looked at me hoping that i would agree for this

I am not gonna agree for this. I am obviously gonna tell no.

"Please Emma, take this as my last wish before i die and tell yes because this is the only thing i want right now" my grandfather said looking at me with all the hope in the world.

Now i know that i cant tell no to this whom am I kidding, my grandfather has done everything in his life for me and if me marrying this stranger would make my grandfather happy then am willing to do so.My mom looked at me for an answer and once she did, she knew it already that am gonna agree to this for the happiness of my grandfather so she said yes and there goes my life from hoping to fall in love to marrying a stranger.

When we reached home my mom told me that they are gonna visit in a week to see me and then she gave me a tight hug feeling sorry for the situation that am stuck in. I went upstairs to my room and was too tired to even think what was happening in my life. i just went to bed hoping that tomorrow i'll getup and everything is a dream.