A stranger in the rain

Okay, so, i just found all these random drawings from about three months ago up till now. They all seem to revolve around the same two characters, so i decided to write a short story about them:

(Don't judge, i'm sleepy T^T) (it's really short)

A stranger in the rain.

I stood alone, by the roadside. It was a cold day, and a bad month. I'm 23, but things aren't really going that well lately. I felt completely alone,

unwanted. I had no purpose. As coincidence would have it, it just so happened to be bucketing down. I'd just caught my girlfriend cheating on me, when i was planning on proposing to her later. Dad was in hospital, fighting cancer. Mum didn't want to talk, but i didn't blame her. I lost my job, because i was visiting my dad in hospital without 'proper leave'. My boss is a jerk. I'm going to be evicted if i can't pay the rent this month. And i have depression. Everything just felt so pointless then. I wondered if it was even worth it. Living, that is. Why bother? As i thought that, a car went past, fast and loudly, soaking me to the bone. I sighed. I'd made up my mind. I stepped out in front of the next car, squeezing my eyes shut. Goodbye, you absolute hellhole of a life. I heard the screeching of brakes, could see the headlights getting brighter. Then, i felt a yanking on my arm, and i stumbled back onto the path. A girl about my age was holding my arm. She held her umbrella over my head as well, sharing the protection from the relentless rain with me.

"It gets better you know. It'll take time and perseverance, but it gets better. Don't give up." She smiled to me. A stranger saved my life. When so many others just stood by and watched. Without warning, i leaned forward and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you." I whispered into her ear. Maybe things would get better. Maybe all i needed was a little care. Things are tough, but i can do this. It'll get better. And until then, i have a friend. We smiled to each other.

"Coffee?" I offered, gesturing to a nearby cafe. She nodded, still smiling. We walked off through the throng of bustling people.

Things do get better. So don't give up.