Chapter 4

“Asahmi! Girl get up!” I heard as I was being shaken awake. Who and what the hell would wake me up on a Saturday morning.

“Please, go away.” I said as I put the pillow over my head. The shaking stops and I begin to dip back into sleep. I feel something pulling at my feet, but I’m too far in sleep that I don’t even realize I’m actually being dragged out this loft. I smack and hit the floor and immediately jump up in alert.

“What the fuck, ow!” I say holding my head and trying to maintain balance.

“Girl, I told you to get up!” Treasure says as she puts an ice pack on my head. Treasure’s my girl and all, but I just met the girl what gives her the audacity to even try this mess. I’m looking at her wondering how she got in with me not approving, and I know Dad’s at work so, obviously he needs to talk to security and sort this out.

“Come on girl, get dressed! We having a girls day out.” She says as she prances out my room. Somebody’s feeling really perky this morning I see. I drag to the bathroom and turn the shower on. I look at myself in the mirror and stare in disgust. I see how people don’t see anything in me, I don’t even see anything in me. I mean look at me I’m not even pretty enough like the girls you see on social media, let alone the ones at school. I take my clothes off as I step into the shower and lather up my loof. Washing my body and my hair I begin to stand under the water and think. I like to think in the shower from time to time it helps me. I begin to cry as everything becomes overwhelming.

“Why me? I’m not strong enough. Please, oh, please take me! Please!” I say as I fall to the shower floor in tears. I’m weak, I don’t care how strong I portray to be but I’m weak. My self confidence reached it’s all time low. I feel like I’m not good enough for anybody, like I’m just worthless and a waste of space on this earth. I hate thinking this way but I’ve been like this all my life and every year it gets worse. I stand up and splash my face with the shower water and grab my towel and get out. I turn the water off and head to the closet to put my underwear on. I throw on some yogas and a hoodie and jean jacket and some tennis shoes. I brush my hair into a bun and grab my shades and purse and walk out.

“Damn girl, you look bomb!” Treasure says as she hops off the couch and leans on the counter.

“Thanks,” I mumble as I grab a bottle of orange juice out the fridge, “You ready?”

“Yeah let’s roll!” She says as she presses the elevator button.

“Wait, Let me go get my car keys!”

“No need, T Money whipping today!” She says as she motions driving a car. We get on the elevator and go down to the lobby. We get outside to the valet and I wait for them to bring her car around. The valet pulls up with a Black Cadillac Escalade ESV. Treasure grabs the keys and we get in the car.

“Where we going?” I ask as I buckle up my seatbelt.

“You’ll see!” She says as she pulls off the curb. We drive through downtown and get on the expressway, we get off at a suburban area. I look around trying to figure out where in the world we are going for a “girl’s day” She pulls up to this nail and hair salon then parks the car. We go in and these ladies instantly takes us to the chair and begin to wash our hair. I would intervene because I just washed my hair but it feels way too good on my scalp. I sit back and began to daydream about everything from life, poetry, art, and Devon. I snap out of my thoughts as Treasure snaps her fingers in front of me.