Four - Confession and Banishment

Enderlox's POV

My heart pounded as I walked along the hall, our footsteps strangely muffled. It felt weird to stare down at my friends. I wondered if they felt weird about their "transformations", too. Only Sky's eyes changed but I knew that, out of the three of us, he was having the hardest internal struggles.

I tucked my wings close as we stopped right before the corner, where the Team could be heard laughing and joking together.

WitherMU turned his head away, eyes burning brightly with pain. "Who are we to ruin innocent people's lives?" He murmured.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "This isn't our fault, MU. I have no clue what we did to get this, but its what we got. We got to live with it."

"Let's not scare them," Skybrine decided. The glow behind his shades slowly faded.

I agreed. Reaching deep inside me, I cautiosly pulled the essense of Shade away from my mind and slipped back into my true, human form. I shivered at the realization that we had forms other than human ones. That we had different forms at all.

I felt myself shrink back to my normal height. My eyes did a... movement that meant they were changing color. I blinked a few times and I was fine. My wings and tail vanished as soon as I accomplished all of these things. They just melted into nothing, but they would definitely be back.

Having completed my transformation, I looked to my left and saw that WitherMU was also back in his normal form. He rolled his shoulders and looked at me, his eyes troubled. 

"Are we ready?" Skybrine asked, his voice wavering at the end. I couldn't blame him one bit. Even the mighty leader of the strongest team in the world would be shaken by all of this.

"I'm ready." I was surprised to hear my own voice come out strong and steady. WitherMU just nodded, obviously unable to trust his own voice.

Skybrine took a step forward and walked into the light. WitherMU and I followed. 

It was time for confession.

Skybrine's POV

When we walked out into the courtyard, the Team turned as one. There were many kind words, but we ignored them. What was the point? It would sound fake anyway.

The cheery feeling in the group faded as we stopped and stood facing them from about 5 feet away. The courtyard was completely silent. There was no breeze and no guards nearby since they usually guarded the entrances inside the buildings. 

I began to talk.

"We've been Team Crafted basically the entire time we've known each other," I began. Every single one of my syllables rang out across the empty courtyard. 

"It's been almost 15 years, 15 years of perfection and happiness."

"Sky, why do you sound like you're going to die?" the Mudkip asked cautiously.

"My name isn't Sky anymore." I told them quietly. "This isn't Deadlox, and this isn't TrueMU." I pointed to each friend in turn. 

"What?" Seto looked at me, then Enderlox, then WitherMU. Confusion reigned his face. But suddenly, it contorted into a look of horror and disbelief. My heart jolted. What would he say, now that he had guessed?

Seto, however, didn't say anything and just stood there, that look still on his face. He seemed to be holding it in for the others.

I continued to talk. "We're not the same as before yesterday... Yesterday, things changed forever. And because of it... we might have to leave the Team."