- 23 -

"I swear you guys this is to much." Justine said, smiling through her tears.

"We have one more gift, from everyone." Leo said, gesturing behind Justine.

Justine was confused for a second before turning around, before a new of tears hit her.

"Mom."

"Sweetie." Ms. Seo said, smiling through the screen.

Justine was speechless, and couldn't even comprehend that her mother was there. Her mother wasn't in the hospital like she had been for the last month.

"You look even more beautiful then the last time I saw you."

"So do you mom."

Even though none of Justine closest friends understood what Justine and her mother saying, due to the Italian, they could feel all of the emotions pouring out of the mother and daughter.

"I knew I couldn't make it back to Korea for your birthday, so I talked with Leo about putting something together for you."

Jungkook came up and handed his girlfriend the tv remote.

"I asked everyone around you for photos and videos of the biggest moments in your life, and their favourite moments of you. Jungkook put everything together. Just hit play." Ms. Ong said.

Justine clicked the remote, and suddenly the sound of piano filled the room.

Photos of baby Justine swarmed the screen, making Justine smile once more. The piano became louder, as it showed 7 year old Justine in ballet class.

Photos of her first dance recital, and when she got her pointe shoes.

Photos from the flight to korea. And then the audition clip for Jellyfish.

Justine felt her heart beating as she held the finished pose to her dance to 'Rolling In The Deep' by Adele. She stood up straight and faced the stern eyes of the staff.

"You studied at the La Scalla Theatre Ballet correct?"

"Y-Yes." Younger Justine said.

"What's your singing experience?"

"Umm, just singing with my friends?"

"Sing something for us."

Justine breathed in, closing her eyes, thinking of the song her father sang to her through video calls.

Yeah
You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

Justine's slightly raspy, high voice rung out through the studio

But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never want to hear you say
I want it that way

Am I, your fire?
Your one, desire
Yes I know, it's too late
But I want it that way

Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why,
I never want to hear you say
I want it that way

Now I can see that we've fallen apart
From the way that it used to be, yeah
No matter the distance
I want you to know
That deep down inside of me

You are my fire
The one desire
You are (you are, you are, you are)

Don't want to hear you say
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
(Don't want to hear you say)
I never want to hear you say
I want it that way
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never want to hear you say
I want it that way
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never want to hear you say
(Never want to hear you say it)
I want it that way
'Cause I want it that way

Then VIXX's debut stage flashed before her eyes, followed by their comeback, and videos of Justine and the rest of the makane line fooling around.

Videos of Justine's doing Swan Lake or the Nutcracker showed up on screen, including her performance from the show 'Swan Club' as the Arabian Doll.

Photos from when she first met Sunmi and the others, a video where Jungkook and her had to kiss because of spin the bottle.

All of these of memories were rushing back to Justine, and tears poured out of her eyes.

She felt Jungkook pick her up and place her on his lap, and his arms wrapped around her waist comfortably. She grasped his hands, and looked at the screen as her solo debut stage flashed before eyes, with her first solo win.

Then there was her father's wedding, where she was a bridesmaid.

There was her trip to Italy with VIXX and her mother, her dancing with Mina, her trip to London with Jungkook.

The video came to a close with a photo of her mother and father holding baby Justine, newly born and still wrinkly.

She felt loved.

This was the best birthday she could ask for.

"Happy 23rd Birthday baby." Jungkook said, kissing her cheek.