soompi 0.3

JUSTINE LEAVES JELLYFISH ENT.

november 19, 2020

Justine, the youngest member of VIXX and arguable one of the most influential international kpop idols, has decided to not re-new her contracts with Jellyfish.

This comes after Hongbin left the group as a whole, and Ravi leaving the company but not VIXX. Ravi chose not to renew when the rest renewed their contracts in May of 2019. However, Justine's contract did not expire until a month ago, due to modelling being added to the contract.

When asked whether or not Justine is leaving the group, Jellyfish did not state anything. However, Justine clarified in a twitter post that she is in fact, not returning to the group.

"I've absolutely loved the last 8 years with VIXX. My members are like family to me. However, I've pondered this for awhile, and I've come to the decision that I want to move onto other projects. I have nothing against VIXX, but my talents lie elsewhere. Please continue to support VIXX and I hope to show you all some things!" Justine writes in her twitter post.

There has been talk among fans. Some are disappointed or even mad at Justine for leaving, however others are cheering her on for taking a new direction. Some, see it as VIXX's chance to rise up in the industry again as an exclusively boy-group.

There has been no confirmation if Justine is signing with a new agency, or if she leaving the music industry as a whole. Some fans speculate that she might be joining BigHit, where her current boyfriend, BTS's Jungkook, is signed under. However, Justine is still listed on Red Heart Entertainment's (Label that houses Heartbreaker) so it is unlikely that she will be leaving Heartbreaker.

All we know currently, is that this might lead to Justine's hinted second collection with Versace might come sooner.