Chapter Three

Jillian

~Hurt - Christina Aguilera ~

"Will you stop bloody moving woman." I say as I finish applying eyeshadow to a fidgety Kat. "See how that colour brings out your eyes?"

Kat leaned forward and assessed herself in the mirror as I packed up the eyeshadows and makeup I'd used on her

Kat leaned forward and assessed herself in the mirror as I packed up the eyeshadows and makeup I'd used on her. She smiled and I knew I'd achieved my goal. "You're right!" she exclaimed, and eyed me with excitement. "I should hire you to do my make up on a permeant basis, with Ruby keeping busy I just don't have time to experiment anymore."

"You know I would love to do your makeup for you babe, it can be hard getting stuck in a rut with make up, we all do it."

"Thank you for making me change my habits." She smiled at me.

"You make me sound like a right bossy bitch."

A voice boomed from behind us. "If the shoes fits."

I turned and glared at Lucas.

He shrugged. "What? You are a bossy bitch, Jillian."

"I have to be where you and the boys are concerned, you're all shits. Anyway I'm not usually bossy with Kat. She would kick my ass." I say as I nudged her.

Kat backed me up. "Yeah, I would. But she doesn't boss me around Lucas, anyway look at what she has done. I look hot! Move out the way Beyoncé, mama is back!"

Lucas walked to where Kat was and grabbed her around the waist. "You always look like a goddess to me baby." He kissed her and then murmured, "I'm heading out but I'll be back at the end of your shift to pick you up. You all good?"

I tuned them out; watching lovestruck couples together was not something I enjoyed doing. Instead, I packed away my makeup and finished getting ready for work. It was going to be a longer shift than usual tonight as one of the girls called in sick. I don't usually work the stage these days unless we had VIPs in, but being the manager it falls on me. I've been the manager of 'Rock & Pole' for three years now, sometimes I feel like a house mother to some of the girls. I'm only twenty-six, but I've been through more shit in my short life than I could care for.