Chapter Seventeen

Jillian

~Pink Ft Chris Stapleton - Love Me Anyway~

After a busy night at work, I sank down into the chair next to Nate and put my feet up on the table in front of us. Smiling at him, I laid my head back, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Long night?" he asked.

Cracking an eye open to look at him, I said "You've no idea. Assholes were out in full force tonight. Thank god its Friday; I need two days off."

He scowled

He scowled. "You should have come and got me to deal with the assholes."

"Nate, I cant rely on you to take care of all the dickheads in my life."

"I'd be fuckin' happy to, babe."

I laughed. "Oh, I'm sure you would love to get those fists out and deal with them all that way."

He grinned. "You know me too well, sweet thing."

"There's a lot I don't know about you, but I do know two things; you like to get your fist and your cock out at every chance."

He'd just had some of his drink and he almost chocked on it at my words. "Fuck, Jillian, you've got a dirty mouth sometimes."

"And is that a problem for you, King of the Dirty?"

His eyes blazed with heat. "No, its not a fuckin' problem, but damn woman, you have no idea what it does to a man when words like that come out of your pretty little mouth."

My body sizzled with lust. Ever since we'd cleared the air the other day, Nate had gone back to his flirty ways, and I felt like I would explode from the desire he stirred in me. I leant closer to him, and whispered, "It probably does to you what your words do to me, Nate."

He growled, "Christ, Jillian, don't say shit like that unless you're willing to go there again."

I licked my lips. "Maybe I am. Maybe you just need to ask."

"You two look cozy." We were interrupted by Christian, and Nate shot him a foul look.

"What's up?" Nate asked, his voice and body language clear with his desire for Christian to hurry up and get the hell out of here.