Dim The Lights(Part 1)

{PROLOGUE}

He didn't glance back when he ran from that house, he wasn't stupid enough to not have been prepared to leave. There was an apartment with roommates waiting for him and a new start out of the closet; one year later he had made quite the life for himself. He worked at the local theatre where he has the eminence of whooing ladies and men with his charm and looks.

His roommates were an eclectic bunch, Patton Carn; the wholesome dad figure that loved making cookies and dad jokes, Virgil Black; an anxious emo who kept to himself and made snarky remarks, and Logan Berry; a nerd that always had a book in his hand and rarely ever looked up from it. All of them together made an uncanny group that acted like a family, it was almost a home away from home.

The only person from his old life he kept in contact with was his childhood best friend Thomas Sanders, a kind-hearted bubbly individual who is obsessed with cartoons.

The thing is, nobody has a clue about Roman's underlying mental health problems. He'd been struggling with depression, bipolar two and low self-esteem. Beneath all the makeup and grand gestures, was a man fighting to keep himself from succumbing to the darkness inside his mind.

[CHAPTER 1]

Roman picked up his duffle bag after a long day of auditioning, knowing fully that he was going to get a part in it regardless of his performance. He knew the partisanship towards him wasn't fair since he always got the leading role but bigger the role, more of the commission.

Though being fatigued, he still would be as extra as he could get away with.

He burst through the door

"The noblest price is here now!" All the others were out of their rooms, Virgil was perching on the coffee table in the living room and hissed when Roman came in, Logan, on the other hand, didn't even bat an eye. Patton was in the kitchen washing dishes, he squealed and almost dropped a plate but caught it in time before it could fall.

"W-woah Roman you gave me quite the scare, I have such butterfingers!" He almost let go of the same plate again but seized it firmly and placed it in the sink,

"Careful Pat, I don't want you to be diverted by my charm!" Roman blew him a kiss and placed his leatherman jacket on the coat rack.

"Who wants to help me start dinner?" The additional two stayed silent while the prince sang loudly MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! for an overly long time.

"Can you shut up? I'm trying to be existential and think about how we're all meaningless in the great span of the universe." Virgil spat.

"Aw Virg you're too much of a tryhard to be emo sometimes." Roman ignored Virgil's scowls and went to the kitchen.

"I thought princes don't work," Logan commented then cunningly took a sip of tea from his dark blue mug with a printed tie and glasses.

"I do work, hence why I just came from the theatre. I hardly consider organizing books in a secluded bookstore any better." Roman shot back.

"You do professional make-believe, my work doesn't include disputing with idiots like you and is quite therapeutic!" He slammed his book on the ground and stood up.

"H-hey kiddos stop fighting, chicken nuggets or pasta?" Patton strived to distract the others but only got an answer from Virgil.

"We've had pasta every day this week,"

"Ok, chicky nuggets I guess!" He gestured for Roman to get them from the freezer but he was occupied disputing with Logan.

"Ugh, I'll just help," Virgil lept off the coffee table causing it to jerk violently "Can they not argue for once, I have to deal with enough little kids screeching and beating me at work. What I'm saying is they're behaving like five-year-olds." He walked into the kitchen while pushing aside Roman and grabbed the nuggets from the freezer.