Hatch Day

It's been about 2 months since Manaphy has bonded with me. And I was still a little bit anxious about what he or she is going to look like. Well, I was more than just anxious during the past few weeks. I was anxious, thrilled, patient, and pretty much in love with the creature I'm holding. Even though I still had no idea what it would look like to me. But things have to change, and this little bundle has changed my life forever.

One day while I was swimming in the pool with the egg in my arms, I saw the brightest red glow which made me gasp. "Huh?!" It was glowing a lot, I didn't know what to do so I called Aika for help. "Aika! Aika!"

I heard her footsteps coming towards me. "What's wrong?! Are you okay?!"

"Look!" I said as I was holding it.

"Oh my god, uhh... Rachel! Guys!" she called out to them.

I heard them all running towards the pool. They all gasped including myself to see what was happening.

"Aika! What happened? Are you okay?" Raph hugged her.

"It's happening!" I gulped.

"It's happening?!" Donnie gasped.

"Oh my god it is happening!" Rachel smiled as she got her camera ready.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" Aika was jumping up and down in excitement.

The egg started to float from my arms and up into the air a bit. "Ohh..." I gasped in awe and saw the red light beginning to brighten.

"Whoa..." Raph said while hugging Aika.

I was still in the water as the egg was growing a bit and revealed 2 long things sticking out of it. After they bonded together, we were all bathed in a sea of light. "Oh!"

"My!" everybody gasped.

"GOD!" Mikey was smiling his biggest smile.

After the light was starting to diminish, I gasped softly to see... a small blue creature. Right there, in front of us. Manaphy slowly started to levitate down towards me. I was pretty distracted by its wonderful birth hatching, I was hardly paying attention. But Aika shook my shoulder which caught my attention and I swam underneath it. After it floated down, I gently caught it in my arms. "Oh my god." I softly said as I covered my mouth.

"So that's Manaphy?" Leo whispered to Rachel.

"Uh huh." she smiled.

"It's so cute." Aika smiled.

Aika was right, Manaphy was really really cute. It was small and blue. With 2 antenna at the top of its head and yellow markings with a red gem on its chest. Manaphy... was right here, right now, in my arms, and resting peacefully. But now I was really in for it after it moved a little bit.

"It's waking up." Rachel smiled her biggest smile.

Aika was dead too excited, that she almost hugged Raph to death. Donnie was super baffled at the hatching. Mikey was too excited he wanted to scream, but he covered his mouth so he doesn't interrupt the beautiful moment. Leo was standing there smiling proudly at me, it looked like he was going to cry a bit.

"Phy..." the creature softly said as it was starting to open its eyes.

'OH MY GOD! THIS IS IT! DON'T SCREAM!' my subconscious told me to keep it down so I don't scare it.

"Oh my god!" Mikey and Aika screamed whispered softly, witnessing its awakening.

After it fully opened its eyes and looked directly at me, I couldn't help it. I had my mouth open the entire time. And I was speechless, not having the words on what to say. But all I did was softly say, "Hi."

"Mana?" Manaphy looked at me and used its flipper to feel my cheek. "Phy?"

"H-Hey you." I touched its flipper and enjoyed its touch. I was trying so hard not to cry my eyes out.

"Phy." Manaphy smiled and reached out to my neck and hugged me. "Phy!" it cried out a cheerful little sound.

I giggled softly and hugged Manaphy back softly, enjoying the first embrace it was giving me. The moment it first touched me, my tears started running down my cheeks as I hugged it. "My god... you're so cute." I sniffled as I started to cry.

"Aww, she's crying." Mikey said.

"Shh." the others hushed him.

"Don't ruin this beautiful moment Mikey." Aika whispered to him as she was taking pictures.

It was all crystal clear that I was most definitely up to the task. To love and protect this beautiful water child. After I pulled away from the wonderful hug, I smiled down at Manaphy. "Hello my beautiful one. Welcome to the world."

"Mana!" Manaphy smiled.

I smiled at its cute smile. "I just wanted to tell you, that you made me so happy after birth and that you came into my life." I said to Manaphy as I wiped my tears. "So to begin this wonderful journey, I would like to introduce myself to you."

"Mana?" Manaphy tilted its head.

"Please bear with me, you're my very first water baby. And I've been doing a lot of studying."

"Phy."

"Okay. I'll begin again. Hi Manaphy, my name is Aqua. But you can call me... m-mom." I blushed.

"Mana." Manaphy hugged me again.

"Aww." I giggled and hugged it back again. "You really like to hug, don't you Manaphy?"

"Mana."

"Okay. As your mother, I'm going to have to give you a name. It's a lucky thing your auntie told me everything about your kind." I said as I looked at Manaphy's red oval shaped gem. "Hmm..."

"What's the gender sis?" Aika asked.

I thought about it in Rachel's books and saw that it was a bright red color, eventually I remembered that Manaphy is a girl. "It's a girl!" I smiled and kissed her cheek. "From now on my lovely one, I'm going to name you Umiko."

"Mana." she smiled and nuzzled my cheek softly.

"That means 'child of the sea' right?" Aika asked me.

"That's right." I smiled.

"Aww." the guys smiled while Mikey was taking pictures.

"Hehe, looks like everything went according to plan. Right sis?" Rachel winked at me.

"Right." I smiled. "What do you think Umiko?" I waited for her response, but she didn't say anything. "Umiko?" I looked down to see that she was asleep in my arms, snoozing peacefully. "Aww, she's asleep. She must be really tired after birth."

"It happens. You should bring her to bed."

"Okay sis. And thanks for everything. I owe you one." I smiled at her.

And that was it, after 2 long months of waiting... I became a mother on March 1st at 12 o'clock midnight on a Sunday. This was going to be something extraordinary during my life with my new water baby.

⭐️ To be continued...