six||support

Best friends support eachother.
.
.
.
.
.

Iwaizumi paced around his room struggling to find normal clothes to wear. Not like he cared what he put on his body now, he was rushing to get ready.

Oikawa had been quiet lately, at first it was nothing out of the ordinary. Iwaizumi was used to Oikawa being more quiet during exam season, but this was different - he could feel it.

He woke up today and instantly knew that he needed to go and see him. It was an inner voice inside of him that was urging him to go, his heart was pushing him to run yet his brain was stopping him.

Whenever he found himself close to Oikawa, he would feel lightheaded. That wasn't normal at all, right? He's his best friend! Last time they hung out Oikawa ended up playfully taking Iwaizumi's hand and intertwining their fingers - oh how hot Iwaizumi felt at that moment. It felt like someone placed a stone on his chest and he couldn't even breathe.

Of course, two is greater than one and so Iwaizumi gave in and rushed to Oikawa's house. The door was locked and it didn't seem like anyone was in the house at first until Iwaizumi heard a noise from upstairs.

Iwaizumi had climbed up to Oikawa's balcony multiple times before, it was easy to reach. He couldn't just leave now, his gut was telling him that something was wrong.

And.. his suspicions were correct. Oikawa seemed distressed, upset and angry. His room, previously so tidy and nice was now a mess. As Iwaizumi knocked on the balcony door Oikawa almost had a heart attack.

There was a sign of relief on his face when he saw Iwaizumi and he rushed to open the door. Iwaizumi only managed take one step into the room before Oikawa wrapped his arms around him and pressed his face against his chest.

A sob.

Then another.

"What's wrong, Tooru?" Iwaizumi asked quietly while stroking his hair.

"You will hate me...."

"I would never"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Oikawa took a step back and looked at Iwaizumi with a smile on his face, not exactly a happy one. "I've been thinking lately and trying to find myself and I realized that I'm... I'm attracted to guys..."

It was a surprise for sure knowing how much Oikawa enjoyed being out with girls, but Iwaizumi had known this guy since they were babies. He knew Oikawa wouldn't lie about such a thing.

"Tooru, I will always support you no matter who you like be it guys, girls or non-binary folks. Who do you think I am?"

"... my best friend?"