ℕ̶𝕆̶ ̶ℕ̶𝕆̶ ̶ℕ̶𝕆̶ ̶ℕ̶𝕆̶

I'm running. I don't know where. I hear a soft humming coming from behind me. I quickly pick up my speed and cut through the trees. Everything is alive around me. The trees claw at my face as I run past them. The grass pulls at my ankles. There's a log in my path and I can't stop myself. I trip of the log and land face first in to a thorn bush.
I look up to see the thing. The Darkness. Lurking in front of me. It's smile and eyes are like scribbles moving constantly. I try getting up to run again. I can't move. I can't speak. I can't do anything. The thing walks closer to me.
Darkness: Don't worry Renegade
It's talking in Norwegian. I've never learned Norwegian but somehow I understand it.
Darkness: I am here to save you. To save you from yourself. You are a danger to yourself
I don't understand.
Darkness: I am here to help you
I walks closer to me.
Darkness: I am here to help you
It looks down at me and grabs my face. It's claws are unspeakably cold.
Darkness: I am here to help you
My vision starts to blacken and his words keep repeating over and over again. I try screaming. I try running. I still can't do anything. I'm stuck in the darkness. I wake up. I'm covered in my own sweat. I don't feel right. I feel like I'm not alone in my body. Every movement I make makes me more nauseous. I slowly remove the blankets off of me and walk to the bathroom. I flip the light on. I don't look alright. My skin is paler than normal. The bags under my eyes are bigger and darker. My eyes seem to be filled with fear and terror.
I splash water on to my face hoping that it'll help. I wipe my face off with the towel next to the sink. My reflection doesn't follow me. I turn my head slowly to my reflection. It's staring past me without a expression. A smile starts to form as it slowly moves its eyes to look at me. Some sort of liquid comes out of the things mouth. It starts laughing hysterically as repeating "no". The lights start to flicker and I stumble backwards out of the bathroom. I run back to my bed and hide under the covers. I somehow manage to fall asleep.
I'm awoken to my phone ringing. I rub my eyes and lazily grab my phone.
Renegade: Hello..?
GeeGee: OH THANK GOD!
She yells so loud that I have to remove my phone from my ear.
GeeGee: Sorry, but you left without telling me last night. I got worried because you wouldn't pick up your phone
     How could I forgot. Last night GeeGee, Timmy, Felix, and Charlie were "partying". I ended up passing out sometime around 12 in the morning. But, how could I have left? I don't remember waking up.
Renegade: I thought one of you guys took me home..
GeeGee: No, you just full on left after you woke up. I thought you were just heading home. You weren't responding to my text messages or my calls so I went over to your place like around 2ish and you weren't there
Renegade: Oh... Um, weird
GeeGee: Yeah, are you busy next Friday?
Renegade: Uh.. no I don't think so
GeeGee: Ok, great! Why don't we have like a sleepover or something?
Renegade: Just like when we were kids
GeeGee laughs.
GeeGee: Yup!
Renegade: Sure, we can have a sleepover
GeeGee: Yay! Anyway, I have to go do I'll call you later. Bye!
Renegade: Bye
She hangs up and I rub my forehead. I get out of bed. I walk by my floor mirror and notice something. I back up in front of the mirror. There's three long cuts on my knee. I gently touch one of them and it stings instantly. I wince and pull my hand back. Maybe that dream I had was real.