Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Bella

It's been five years since I started working with Mr. Stark. He keeps telling me to call him Tony, but I cant bring myself to do that. Right now, Happy is taking me to meet with Mr. Stark at the office. We would be heading to Malibu tonight for a meeting.

"Has it really been five years Miss. Bella?" Happy asks.

"Yes, Happy it's been five years to the day. Do you know if Mr. Stark will be outside waiting?" I ask.

"Yes, ma'am, he gave me strict instructions to drop you off in the front. He'll be outside waiting for you. I hope the two of you will enjoy Malibu," he says.

"You aren't coming with us Happy?" I ask, kind of shocked since Tony didn't go anywhere without Happy.

"I will be joining in a couple days, but Tony said that you two won't be leaving the Malibu house," he tells me.

I smile because I've let him know that I have a thing for him, but he's never shown any interest in me. I pat Happy on the shoulder as we pull up to Stark Industries. Mr. Stark is standing in front of the building and he waves when I open the door. Happy rolls down the window and looks at Mr. Stark.

"Happy, thank you for the ride," I say with a smile.

"No problem, Miss. Bella. Mr. Stark I hope you have a nice trip and for the love of your name listen to Miss. Bella. She knows how to handle you better than I've ever seen," he says.

"Thanks Happy. That means a lot. I will see you in a couple days. Don't forget what I told you to bring," Mr. Stark tells him.

"Mr. Stark, you don't need him to get anything. I have everything we need," I tell him.

"Hush, now Isabella and let me take care of this. Why don't you go wait in my office," he says looking at me.

"See you later Happy. I'll be on my phone with my dad." I roll my eyes and wave to Happy.

I walk inside the building and the security guard smiles. I tell him I'll be in Mr. Starks office and head towards the elevator.

"Miss. Swan, you have a package waiting for you in Mr. Starks office," he says as I get in the elevator.

"Thanks Ron," I say and wave.

My birthday was in a few days, but everyone knew that I didn't want to celebrate it. Mr. Stark keeps doing things for me on my birthday although I told him several times I didn't want nor did I need anything. The parade of women coming in and out of the house, pent house, and mansions taught me that I can't be open with him like he wants me to be.

"Good morning, Miss. Swan," his secretary says.

"I'll be in his office," I say.

I walk into the office and see a gift box sitting on his desk next to a bouquet of red and yellow Buttercups. I laugh and can't believe that he found them this time of year.

"I hope you like the flowers," Mr. Stark says from behind me.

"How did you remember and how did you find them?" I ask and turn to face him.

"A local flower shop had them and I bought the last bouquet," he says.

"Well, since the meeting isn't for a couple days why are we heading to Malibu tonight?" I ask.

"I need some time to work on something and I have more tools at the Malibu house than I do here," he says smirking.

"Our chopper gets here in twenty. You've got paperwork to finish and I have some calls to make. So chop chop and get to work Stark," I say sitting on the couch.

I pull out my phone and laptop, sitting the laptop on the table in front of me. I dial my dad's number and wait for him to answer.

"Hey, Bells," he answers.

"Hi, dad. How are you doing? Sorry, I didn't call earlier in the week, but Mr. Stark has been very busy, which makes me very busy." I look at some emails.

"Happy five year anniversary on the Nov sweetheart. Paul's here and would like to talk to you," he says.

"Well, then I guess put his sorry ass on. I've got a helicopter coming in about twenty minutes," I say.

"Hey, chica I need you to keep calm, but your ex is back and Jake let him know where you were. We don't know where the pent house is, but I'm sure he'll be there soon looking for you," Paul tells me.

"Well, he can go ahead and look all he wants. I'm leaving town tonight and I'm not sure when I'll be back in New York." I sigh and rub my eyes.

"You know we won't let him hurt you. Hell you're working for Tony Stark of all people and he's a genius. Have him help you out," he says.

"I'll talk to him about it, but tell Jake he can fuck off and die. Let me talk to my dad and I'll call you once I get where I'm going."

"Alright, happy early birthday by the way," he says.

"Hi sweetheart," my dad says.

"Hi dad." I smile.

"How are you doing sweetie?"

"I'm good dad. How are you and Sue doing? Have you moved to the Rez yet?" I ask.

"I have baby girl. The house in Forks isn't being sold, but I'm living with Sue and the kids."