Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Tony

Isabella gets off the phone and puts her things away. I smile and grab the present off my desk and hand it to her hoping to see a smile on her face.

"Mr. Stark, I've told you time and time again that I don't need anything for my birthday or any other holidays," she tells me.

"You keep telling me and I don't listen. I keep telling you to call me Tony and you don't listen. Now, open that and we can go to the roof to wait for the chopper," I tell her.

"Okay, fine. Tony, I don't want nor do I need this. Now, take it back and call it a day." She hands it back to me.

"Nope, sorry, no, can do." I smile.

"Damn you Stark. Why can't you just take it back? I don't need anything for my birthday," she says.

"Isabella, it was made for you. I can't just take it back. You deserve this and much more for putting up with my ass. I'm no treat, but you have yet to quit on me." I look at her.

She takes it back and takes off the ribbon on the box. She opens the box lid and pulls out the hand made box with a B on it. I did find some old jewelry and put it in the box. She opens the jewelry box and sees the pieces i put in there for her.

"Tony, where did you find the jewelry?" She asks.

"Some of it from my mother's old jewelry, some from your father, and some that I've found and collected over the years. Nothing in that box is new." I cross my arms across my chest.

She smiles and thanks me for the box and jewelry. I smirk and tell her that the chopper will be here in a few minutes. As we walk out of my office Isabella tells Marci to make sure the flowers in my office stay alive and I hold back a laugh. Five years have passed since she's come to work for me and I could tell something wasn't right. She knew about Iron Man and never bat an eye at it.

"Mr. Stark, you have a phone call," she says.

"Pass it to Isabella, Marci," I tell her.

Isabella looks at me and sighs before putting my phone up to her ear. "Ms. Swan speaking. What can I help you with?"

"Is Mr. Stark around?" I hear a voice asks.

"May I ask what this is about?" She asks looking at me.

"That is none of your concern. Can I speak to Mr. Stark now?"

"I'm sorry, but unless I know who you are and what your business is with Mr. Stark, I can't let you speak to him." She rolls her eyes.

"My name is none of your concern and the business I have with Mr. Stark is also none of your concern. Mr. Stark and I have business to take care of and you're not part of the deal quite yet," a very familiar voice says.

"Isabella, ask if his name is Nick Fury," I whisper.

"Well, I'm sorry sir I can't let you speak to him. I must keep these lines open for Nick Fury," she says.

"How did you know my name?"

"Mr. Stark is in a meeting, but I will let him know you called Mr. Fury. Have a good day," she says hanging up as I was telling her to.

"We'll talk about that phone call once we're in the chopper," I tell her before looking at Marci. "Any phone calls get patched through to Isabella."

"Yes, sir." Marci nods and sends a flirty smile my way.

I watch as Isabella looks between the two of us and walks away. I shake my head and tell Marci that she doesn't have a chance with me and if that's why she's working here she needs to find another job. I run to catch up with Isabella as she's heading to the roof.

"Isabella, wait." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"What Mr. Stark?" She asks turning and shoving my hand off her shoulder.

"Tony, for crying out loud Isabella. Mr. Stark was my damn father and I'm nothing like him. Now, I don't know what your problem is, but every time a woman looks at me and smiles you freak out. You get mad and pissed, and jealous. Is there something you would like to tell me?"

"You already know what my problem is. Now, we have a damn helicopter to catch and its waiting for us." She turns and walks through the door leading to the roof.

She told me four years ago that she had feelings for me and found me attractive, but I didn't think she was serious. It was her twenty third birthday tomorrow and I was going to ask her out although she didn't know about it. I wanted us to spend a few days alone before asking her out. Her phone rings as we sit down and she looks at me.

"Should I answer it?" She asks.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Nick Fury," she says.