3.

CHAPTER THREE

"Hey, Arch," Betty smiled at the beaming redhead opposite her in their booth in Pops

She needed to sort out her feelings and she knew the best way to do that was to see if she still had any for Archie. Or if there was any possibility he had any for her...

"What's up, Betty?" He had a smile on his face as he wondered why she had called him there so urgently.

"I was just wondering," Betty felt her fists clench, "If...you possibly thought of us as anything more than friends?"

Archie looked down, Betty could feel the second hand embarrassment before he raised his head to look at her again. "I'm sorry, Betty. I haven't."

Betty nodded, she waited for tears to fall down her face but they never did. She didn't feel any heartbreak. She didn't care.

"Thanks," Betty said, "Can we still be friends?"

"Of course we can," Archie smiled, "I just don't want anything to be weird between us."

"It won't, you know what? I actually think I like someone else," Betty admitted, Veronica's face clear in her mind.

"Oh, really? You know, so do I."

"Who?"

She noticed the blush that crept up her friend's face as he chuckled a little, "It's kinda fast...barely even know her."

It couldn't be.

"Oh, God. This is hard," He scratched the back of his neck.

No, no, no!

"It's okay, I won't judge," Betty prompted him.

Please.

"It's Veronica," Archie admitted and Betty felt her heart sink to the ground.

Fuck you.

"Th-That's totally cool," Betty felt the fake-ness in her voice, "She seems super nice!"

"Really? You think I have a chance?"

"Yeah, absolutely."

Absolutely not.

*

Betty took it upon herself to text her non-friend-who-she-kissed-and-told-to-stay-away-even-though-she-liked-it stealing-friend when she was back at home.

She pounded on the keys quickly as soon as she shut her door.

Betty's Phone: Kev
Betty's Phone: Kevin
Betty's Phone: rply me!!!

Bestie Kevin🥳💕: What???
Bestie Kevin 🥳💕: ????

Betty's Phone: I need to talk

Bestie Kevin🥳💕: What happened????

Betty's Phone: Archie. pops. Veronica.

Bestie Kevin🥳💕: More words, girl.

Betty's Phone: I was in Pops with Archie.

Bestie Kevin🥳💕: yes, as usual.

Betty's Phone: n he told me he likes Veronica !!

Bestie Kevin🥳💕: Really?!
Bestie Kevin🥳💕: They would be cute together, what's d problem??

Betty's Phone: 😡😡😡
Betty's Phone: The problem is that I sort of have...feelings.

Bestie Kevin🥳💕: For Archie? Still?

Betty's Phone: idek

Bestie Kevin🥳💕: For Veronica?

Betty's Phone: 🙄 I told u idk, I just know that I don't want them together while I'm...
Betty's Phone: Alive.

*

Betty sat on the chair in the common room, she had headphones plugged in as she listened to music, peacefully. She tapped her feet to the music and didn't even realise she was humming along.

Veronica Lodge walked in, she was looking for her new guide, since Betty had given up on her on the first day - she still needed someone to show her around.

Betty watched as Veronica tried to not-so discreetly try not to stare as she walked past her.

She took it upon herself to sit next to Veronica, "Hey."

Veronica looked rightly surprised, "Hello?"

"You like me right?" Betty asked.

Veronica looked down to her feet, she blushed, tucking a hair behind her ear as she smiled bashfully, "I-I do..."

"Come with me," Betty told a hold of her hand, "I need to get something out of my system."

"What?" Veronica asked as she was pulled along by Betty through the corridors, "What's with the urgency?"

"You'll see," Betty opened the door to the janitor's closet, throwing Veronica against the wall.

"Ow," Veronica groaned as she fell, "You've brought me here to kill me?"

"Quite the opposite," Betty smiled as she grabbed Veronica's face, planting a kiss on her lips, pulling her into her harshly.

Veronica gasped between kisses, "Shit..."

Veronica increased the passion in their kiss, slipping her tongue into Betty's mouth.

Betty responded quickly, thrusting her tongue into Veronica's mouth and taking dominance.

"What's this for?" Veronica asked, Betty dove into her neck, placing kisses along it.

"Just go with it," Betty groaned.

"Whatever you say, B..." Betty claimed her lips again, making her moan.

Veronica didn't know what had gotten into her but she knew she liked it and wanted to see more.