I'll Take It In

A/N: This dumb motherfucker wants a coffee shop meet-cute and by god, I will get one. (Sidenote, Ri is pronounced like rye bread, the least valid of all breads, in case you needed to know.)

The man in front of Ri was very tall. Like, really tall. And while Ri was a firm believer in 'he's not that cute, he's just tall' that unfortunately was not true in this case. He was a whole-ass snack and a half.

"I've been told this place is famous for its latte art, so I guess I'll get a latte." He smiled when he said this and Ri practically melted. His smile was nearly as bright as the yellow sweater he was wearing. Nearly.

"Sure, that'll be 3.50. What do you want me to draw on it?"

He paused for a moment before finally saying, "A whale. Can you draw that?"

"Absolutely." Ri took his money before asking, "Can I get a name for the order?"

"Wilbur." He said.

"Well then, Wilbur," She began as she wrote his name on the cup, "What brings you to California? Vacation from all the rain?"

He laughed, which, Ri thought, was the most adorable giggle ever. "I'm here on business, actually."

"Really, what do you do?" Ri was accustomed to making idle conversation at work, it was sort of expected. Hal always told Ri and the other employees to treat the customers like your family. Ri chose to treat them like her friends, but the effect was the same: idle conversation that never led to anything of interest.

"I work in social media. I'm a YouTuber and a streamer."

"Oh, so you're here for TwitchCon in a few days, then?" She said as she drew up cute little foam whale on Wilbur's coffee.

"Yep. What about you," He paused to look at her name tag. "Sariah? What do you want to do?"

"I'm not really sure. I just graduated from college in the spring with a Liberal Arts degree, so I'm qualified for fuck-all to be quite honest with you. I do YouTube too, but more as a hobby than a career. I'm sort of just taking it one day at a time. Oh, and you can call me Ri, most people do." She handed him the coffee and smiled. "Here you are." She was usually wary about new people, but something about Wilbur put her at ease. Maybe it was his cute smile or the kind look in his eyes.

"Thanks." He turned to go, but stopped and asked, "Hey... can I get your number? It's fine if not, but-"

"Sure."