It's A Date Then

"Wow Ash you make a good cocktail!"

I was glad that Serena enjoyed the beverage as much as I did, not too sure what she would think of it at first considering she's not much of a drinker.

"Nah, it's not quite a cocktail. There aren't enough ingredients. If we had more stuff, I'd show you how to make a real cocktail." I half joked, curious to see how adventurous she was. But of course, this wasn't even the tip of the iceberg.

"Ooh, now I'm interested. Looks like we'll have to get together again so you can show me your amazing bar tending skills." The honey blonde replied, a teasing smile on her face.

Just as our conversation began to pick up, the two of us were interrupted by another girl who seemed like she wanted to talk to me. Serena picked up on this and politely dismissed herself to make sure Dawn wasn't doing anything too ridiculous. As the honey blonde left, I turned my attention to the girl.

She was about the same height as Serena, standing at about five foot six. Her sapphire blue hair contrasted her fierce iridescent red eyes. The girl her hands behind her back, seeming a little nervous to speak at first and I made a note of this. I would have thought that someone as attractive as her would be a little more confident, unless there was something I was missing out on.

"Hey Ash, it's me, Miette from biology."

Her voice pricked a familiar memory. We were in the same biology class but we didn't exactly sit close to each other. I had chosen to sit next to Paul on the first day and I hadn't noticed anyone from the class until the second and third lessons.

Miette sat by another girl, the pair of them sitting across the aisle from Paul and I. We hadn't really spoken to each other apart from when I stood up to write something on the whiteboard, as per Professor Rowan's request. On the way back to my seat, I had accidentally knocked over a couple of her books causing quite the unfortunate scene.

The two of us shared a quick laugh before I picked up all of her stuff, returning it to her desk. Since then, if we ever saw each other in the hallway, we would give a quick smile but nothing more. I could tell that Miette wanted to extend the conversations from the little smiles and I wasn't going to oppose that.

"Yeah yeah, I couldn't forget knocking over your stuff like a klutz. I'm still sorry about that." I sheepishly spoke out, unsure of what exactly to say.

"It's alright, you don't have to keep apologising for that. Stuff happens right?" Miette replied and I responded with a quick nod. Soon a silence fell between us, which was weird considering where we were stood.

Her eyes glanced over my body quickly and she let out a little sigh as if to say 'fuck it'. Patiently, I waited for her to say what she was thinking about.

"Did you move from Kanto?, because you seem a little familiar. Although, I can't quite put my finger on where I've seen you before."

My mind raced back, thinking to my time in Kanto and where I could have possibly met Miette before moving to Kalos. Then at once, I remembered where we met.

Around two years ago, I was in Viridian City, picking something up from the post office (there weren't any in Pallet Town as it was quite a small settlement). As I exited the post office, package in hand, I walked straight into someone and that someone turned out to be Miette. In Viridian City, I only really apologised for bumping into her, in a hurry to get back home before it got too dark. Miette understood but appeared to want to talk a little more. I guessed that she wanted to have that conversation now and I felt a little guilty, thinking that I owed it to her from that time.