Why Did You Bring Me Here

"47 , 48 , 49 , 50 Ready or not here I come !!!" Uncovering my eyes now trying to let them adjust to the bright light peeking through the trees onto my pale skin. Looking to my left and looking to my right I could only see miles of tall thick trees . I love being in the woods with my friends Jason , Emily , and Tyler . We love to imagine that the entire woods were ours . It basically was because the four of us were the only ones to hangout and come here.

As I began to Run I listen to all the sounds around me . Birds flying back and forth , rustling of leaves from behind and to the side of me , and crunching of broken up twigs beneath my shoes . I began to wonder real hard where they had hid after going to all the usual hiding places they all would go to . Emily usual hid in a little dirt tunnel made on the side of a hill in the ground . Jason would almost always hide in a group of tall bushes near a small pond . And Tyler would just simply lay down in some random pile of leaves simply because he wore a camouflage hoodie that made him basically invisible to everyone.

After time began to slip away from me and a quick game turned into me walking around in circles for ten minutes I began to get tired and frustrated . "You can come out now guys , lets play something else." I said out loud for the whole woods to hear . Standing in one spot now on top of a small dirt hill, I waited for my friends to poke their heads out from their hiding spots. "Ouch, get off me !" I said to a microscopic mosquito feasting on the blood in my arm .

Now walking back in the direction of my neighborhood a million thoughts came rushing through my mind . I could already see my friends laughing in my kitchen. " They always do this to me , it's beginning to get old " I said to myself .

The further I walked the more the sun began to fall . I felt the heat from the sun on my skin fade away . Feeling a colder breeze now , and feeling as if my walk home was even longer than usual .

As I continued to walk I began to question the direction I was walking in because of the fact that I passed an oddly shaped tree stump three times .
" I can't be lost , I go into these woods enough times to know where I am going. " I said slowly to myself to calm the thought that the woods had swallowed me whole, never letting me go back to the small quite town, StetsonBurg which I was glad to called home .