Beacon

Yang was standing next to her sister holding her son, Y/n, in her arms. She smiled as he tried to touch the widow of the airship. He grunted adorably reaching for the widow before Yang brought him closer to it so he could touch it.

Ruby: *thinking* adorable.

Yang: *sets y/n down* do you think y/n will like it here?

Ruby: probably, I wonder what Beacon is like.

Yang: On the topic of Beacon, I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: really sis, it's nothing.

Yang: what do you mean? It's incredible...

Y/n wanders away and runs his fingers along the window. Everyone starts whispering to each other when they see him. He walks over to a girl with red hair and golden armor. He looks around and tugs on her sash causing her to look at him.

???: hey little guy where's your mom?

Y/n: *looks around and starts panicking*

???: *grabs a hold of y/n's hand* lets go find her.

Y/n: otay!

The duo walk around the ship until y/n sees his mother and rushes towards her only to see the puke on her shoe. He stops for a moment and watches his mother chase Ruby who was saying "ew" repeatedly. Yang cleans her shoe off and walks up to y/n and the girl with him.

Yang: sorry.

???: it's fine. He was just curious. I'm Pyrrha.

Yang: *picks y/n up* name's Yang and this little guy is y/n.

Pyrrha: he's very adorable.

Yang: thank you.

After the ship arrives and drops the students off, Yang handed y/n over to Ruby and ran off to join her friends. Ruby put y/n on the ground before she falls onto a shrew's luggage.

???: what are you doing?

Ruby: uh...sorry.

???: sorry? Do you have any idea of the damage you could've caused?

Y/n: mean lady...

???: *sigh* you brought a child to a combat school?

Ruby: he's my nephew.

???: how old are you anyway?

Ruby: 15...

???: great, they're letting children into Beacon.

Ruby: so what, at least I earned my way here. Only a rich girl could have all of this stuff.

???: *scoffs*

Ruby: *hands the stranger a case*

???: Do you know what this is? *pulls a vial out of the case and waves it in Ruby's face*

Ruby: *sneezes*

Somewhere in Beacon

Yang: why do I feel like y/n's in danger?

Back with Ruby

The resulting explosion hurts y/n.

???: crap.

Ruby: be careful next time!

???: do you know who I am?

???: you're Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company. One of largest producers of energy repellent in the world.

Weiss: finally some recognition!

???: the same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.