Photograph

Song for this chapter
Title: Photograph
Artist: Offonoff
Album: Boy

Although,the first song was Cigarette (the second is the photograph)

-

Resting his head on the couch, the young man in front of Younghyun lets out a smoke. He follows the direction of the vapor before looking at nothing in particular--just the light cream ceiling.

The blond hair of the other is covering his eyes but not even a bit bothered by it. He hums the song they made last month as he put the cigarette butt on the ash tray. "You really make great songs, Younghyun," the blond compliments "It's really great to have you in the crew."

It's been almost three years since his cigarette was gone. He stopped making songs for a half year--he wanted to give it up. But the misery and agony sustained the words to be intuned.

When he sang for a gig again for the first time, Colde and his friend, Dean, approached him telling they've been looking for him; wondering why he's not singing at the club he used to work at anymore. Then, they invited him to join their crew, Club Eskimo--a group of singers and rappers; some were local artists who have had already released albums and others were just starting.

"The song really suits your voice, Colde" Younghyun lands him a look "So does your name"

Before Colde could even respond, the door opens and a middle-aged man accompanied by a young girl appear. The blond instantly takes the cigarette butt and squeezes it on the ash tray to put out the flame. The others shake their hands on the air, trying to let the smoke disappear faster, and the producer sprays air freshener to replace the unpleasant smell for the kid. They mumur their apologies and the young girl hastily runs towards Younghyun who just sat up.

"Uncle, I saw a beautiful fish in the crane machine on our way here," she excitingly tells.

The people around look at her with fondness etched on their faces and eyes. They have never seen a child, a girl, who loves fishes as much as she does. Younghyun paints a sweet smile on his face.

"Really?" he shuffles the young girl's hair "Then, shall we go get it?"

The young kid jumps enthusiastically. The father of the child looks at Younghyun apologetically and the latter assures him it's no big deal. The girl is especially affectionate towards him because despite the intimidating front, Younghyun is really a sweet, warmhearted and loving person.

His eyes are darted on the stuffed toy, few minutes after. He gets the fish toy on the fourth try when the child suddenly lets go of the hem of his shirt.

"Haru, don't let go," he exclaims as he glances at the child.

"Uncle Heesu," she points at her left, referring to Colde.

"No," he leans down to speak close to Haru "Uncle Heesu is with your Dad," he gives the toy to the young girl as his eyes follow the direction of where Haru is pointing at and they landed at the back of a lean blond young man.

The figure is so familiar; the slenderness; how he walks; even the feeling that he gets just by looking at him is a sensation that seems to be known by his system for a long time.

It can't be.

Haru pulls his sleeve causing him to look at her. "Was it not Uncle Heesu?" Younghyun takes another glance and the tall young man is already nowhere to be found. "His hair is covering his eyes. Isn't it Uncle Heesu?"