Chapter four: dancing to Rhianna inside a mall bathroom

The creature walked around the store for a moment before moving on rather quick. Either it saw what's in the back or heard something else outside the shop.
She took that as her cue to scram. She raced out of the clothing rack, heading for somewhere safer than Spencer's. But she was a little loud, and she soon had one chasing after her. She heard it stomping and shuffling after her.
She zig zagged and quickly ducked into one of the bathrooms. It's got a lock on the main door, a dead bolt. She pushed the door shut and locked it super quick. Like lightning speed. Hopefully it didn't see her enter and hopefully it's not waiting outside the door for her to come out.
The bathroom was one of those large ones with about fifteen stalls and a whole bunch of sinks and a few of those dispensers for pads or breath mints or something. It even had a baby nursing room in the back. Which had a door with another dead bolt. A rocking chair and a counter with a pad that could be used as a bed.
She thinks she made a good choice with where she hid.
The radio crackled again as she got Gnaign out of the bag. Rhianna played over the speaker. She felt the need and utter desire to dance her heart out.
So she did. Sure she can't dance, but she can try. Gnaign joined her in dancing, kicking his little legs up.
"Oh this reminds me! I got you these!" She pulled out the lady bug boots.
He made a curious chitter as she put the boots on his little feet.
"To protect your feet from the hot pavement."
He looked at the shoes and then back up at her. He smiled widely and pounced on her, knocking her onto her butt. He licked her cheek with enthusiasm.
"Gnaign! Stop! Ew gross!" She giggled.
Then the joy was killed by the radio crackling.
There was a boy's voice, only a little older than her.
"Is anybody out there?" He asked, voice scared and full of doubt.
She had no way of answering him. She wanted to take him by the shoulders and tell him "I'm here. I've been here." And shake some sense into him.
"Hello? Hello?" He asked the world. And got no answer.
Then the radio crackled and fizzed out. The lights going dead.
"No! No no no!" She tried to turn it on and save it. But it died out anyway.
"Stupid batteries." She frowned.
She groaned and decided to get angry. She swung at a mirror and it shattered, slicing her hand. Blood starting to drip.
She swore as she grabbed some napkins and pressed them against her knuckles. Tears pricked her eyes as she slid down against a wall.
Gnaign came over and whimpered and crawled into her lap to comfort her. She took a deep breath and let it out shakily.
"....we'll find him. He sounds like he's trapped..." she mumbled, stroking Gnaign's head with her good hand.
"....let's go to bed, shall we?"
She got up and went to that back little nursing room, locking the door and laying up on the foam pad mattress.
All curled up and exhausted.
Tomorrow she'll find him. She's sure about it.