Chapter 3- Vic

"His smile is monstrous but his words are heaven."

I love walking from my house to school and vice versa everyday. The morning breeze that splashes on my face is overwhelming while the filthy late afternoon air generates my deep thinking thoughts.

I passed by two girls giggling to the man  waiting for a tricycle. I manage to look at him but eventually ignored the idea him.

I heard one girl saying that guy is handsome. I looked back pero wala na. What a waste. Hindi ko navalidate how true it is. 

First day of school and three transferees were added to the class. Jhoana, who is known for having a cousin in the class, Faith, who came from the city and Vic, who came from a prestigious private school.

There were already talks about them. My classmates were talking to Jhoana using Filipino language since she came from Manila. Yung pinipilit ng mga kaklase kong mag tagalog kahit mali mali na basta may mapatunayan lang. Nakakahiya. 

No one dares to talk to Faith. She was wearing beautiful clothes but not daring. Enough to stand out. She didn't bother to talk to or even throw a smile and that makes her more strict and scary. Kaya walang lumalapit. 

Boys were starting to talk to Vic. Girls were starting to admire his beauty and he was starting to feel uncomfortable. 

All three were the center of attraction to everyone. Jhoana was elected to be the secretay, Faith as the muse and Vic as the prince charming. Obviously, napag tripan lang.

Everything went smoothly. Introducing yourself, attendances, orienting school's and teacher's expectations to students then recess time. I was just having fun listening to their laughter and noises when a conversation got my attention.

The boys at the back were interviewing Vic. They were curious, so am I, kung bakit siya nag transfer ng public school when he was born with a silver spoon.

On his 5th grade, he had his first alcoholic drink inside the campus. He skip classes and visited the principal office multiple times. He had red marks on his card. He had been in a lot of troubles and fights, but he looked so happy and proud telling those stories. As if he won the battle of the society's standards. As if he raised the flag of concurring fear and defeating the uncertain's of life. Amazing. 

At the back of my mind I said, 'So bad boy pala siya pero parang hindi, he's quiet friendly. Iba lang talaga trip niya sa buhay and I admire him for that'.

I want to be like him. Gumagawa ng mga bagay na kasalungat sa mga gusto ng iba. A complete opposite of society's standardized good girl image.