Chapter 5- Gab

"There are so many ways to cover up your lies, but were you thinking about her? That the ripples of your action will hurt her harder."

It was 7:45 in the morning. I was sitting on my chair editing my draft poems on my phone when someone tap my shoulder. 

Tumingala ako para tignan siya. It was Vic. He hand me my pink handkerchief with my initials engraved on it. I said 'thank you' but he left without words. 

He throws his bag to his chair and lay his head on his desk. Kararating lang ata niya.

Hindi ko na napansin na nahulog ko pala ang panyo ko sa kaka-edit ng mga poems sa phone notes ko. I closed my phone and kept it on my bag. Delikado mag edit dito, baka may makabasa pa.

Then a friend of mine calls my name. Pinapalapit ako sa kanila. Nasa may bintana lang naman sila at may tinitignan. 

I was distracted by the commotion they were making and decided to join the gossips along with my fellow mates. They were looking to the four students who are wearing our school uniforms outside the window.

Since our classroom were located to the third floor, kitang kita talaga ang lawak ng lote na pagmamay-ari ng pabrika na katabi ng school namin.

May dalawang babaeng nakaupo sa may batuhan habang nagkwekwentuhan. Sa di kalayuan, may isang binatilyo at dalaga na nag-uusap lang.

It seems that nothing special will happen nang biglang halikan sa labi ng lalaki ang babae na kausap lang niya kanina. 

A deafening noise surrounded our classroom. Some girls were covering their eyes but ensures to leave a small hole so they can still see what was happening. Some boys who join were laughing and exchanges homie handshakes. 

"Diba si Gab yan? Boyfriend ni Steffi."

When we heard that comment, our gazes quickly shifted to Steffi and nervously forgotten how to breathe. 

Her eyes widened.

Her fist were shaking.

Her expressions were telling us that she will explode with anger any time. 

Our time stops with that view and the moment she ran away, she left something precious from where she was last seen standing- her heart that sank rapidly from a false love.

From a deafening noise to a deafening silence filled the room. 

The students were slowly reaching their seats quietly. No one dares to talk. 

I looked at Gab again. He was now hugging the girl and patting her head.

I don't want to judge him but there is a possibility that he is no longer the boy who I once knew.

I turn away from the window when I capture a man's gaze lingered towards me. Vic looked at me with indifferent eyes that I cannot explain.  That scenario was so unrealistic.

I moved my eyes away, as if I didn't see it at all. Bumalik na ako sa upuan ko and various thoughts flashed through my mind.

So I grab my phone and finishes my poem.

Title

Stay Single

Until someone can match my loyalty,

And line up with my honesty.

Stay Single 

Until someone can reciprocate my love,

And our hearts will be alive

Stay Single

Until someone deserves my efforts

And washed his sweatshirts...?

Stay Single 

Until you are ready,

And have empowered yourself

In that way

You will not beg for love

To fill the emptiness of your heart.

I don't have a title yet and only italicized the lines that I wished to changed. Parang ginawa ko pa ang sarili kong labandera. The bell rang and our teacher begins the class. Hindi ko na natapos ang sinusulat ko.