lost ➩ zonah

warnings: mentions of drug use

═══

he put one arm behind his head as he laid down on his bed. zach took the joint out of his mouth with his other hand. 

tilting his head up, he blew out the smoke slowly. he watched it float around before it disappeared in his room.

he's been smoking for some time now, it's become an addiction. it wasn't his fault though, his boyfriend, jonah, was the one that got him hooked on it.

"you can't get addicted zach, its just weed. go on, try it, it's good. i promise," he told zach. and that night, zach gave in. 

little did he know that it was the beginning of the breaking of his relationship. possibly the worse thing for him.

 but it gave him the best feeling.

tonight, zach wanted to get high. he didn't want to just get a little relief, and that's it, no, he wanted to feel again. since he's done so much, it was going to take more than just a couple drags for him to get lost in himself.

and that's just what he did. he got lost.

lost track of time. lost count of how many joints.

he didn't even realize he was, now, sitting up and mumbling things to himself until his bedroom door opened. he looked around his room before looking at the man in the doorway. 

the room was filled with smoke.

thick, grey air. he could honestly only see a silhouette of a man in the doorway. 

zach could barely keep his eyes open, but he saw the man coming closer to him. when he got close enough he realized it was jonah, his boyfriend. 

the only other person he lived with.

i love jonah. he's so tall.. and handsome.. zach was pulled from his thoughts when jonah spoke. apparently, jonah was repeating himself, but zach didn't hear him the first time.

"what.. are you doing? zach wh-" jonah stopped speaking because he knew zach wasn't listening.

 he just sat there with a stupid, wide smile on his face and his eyes were closing every two seconds.

jonah clenched his jaw, getting frustrated, but zach just giggled and reached out for him. 

"hi jo, gimme a hug," zach hid his laugh by biting down on his bottom lip, then said, "pleeease."

then, jonah's face softened. he felt bad for zach, and jonah didn't have a right to be upset with him. not right now. 

zach was letting him close and he was going to take the opportunity.

jonah couldn't help but pick up the smaller and hold him in his arms. zach wrapped his legs around jonah's waist and he loosely held onto his neck.