okay. ➩ zonah

warnings: none

═══

"did you cheat on me!" it didn't sound like a question, but zach didn't have time to ask questions. he just wanted the answers.

jonah didn't say anything. he just watched how small, fragile, zach looked. and he couldn't help but love how he looked. he loved seeing his boy fall apart for him.

frustration grew inside the young boy's body as he watched the man in front of him do absolutely nothing, except stare. zach's jaw was getting so tight his mouth almost felt numb. and he really didn't want to cry to jonah like this.

"answer me!" jonah noticed how his voice broke. and he watched as tears began to pool in his eyes. he watched as the tears fell. and just before he heard zach let out a sob, he answered.

"it was one time. don't make a big deal out of it."

he felt something break in his heart, his chest now feeling physical pain. he didn't understand how jonah could be so calm about this. he didn't understand how jonah answered him. it only made zach more frustrated.

"i didn't even know her, so it's not going to happen again."

his body started to shake from all the anger and hurt he was feeling. he hated how jonah did nothing. how he acted like nothing was wrong. as if not knowing her  would make it all better.

at some point, zach let his pride leave his body and his hands covered his face as he sobbed into them. he cried, and he cried hard. his blood was running hot; he hated how jonah was acting, he hated himself for letting this affect him the way it did.

jonah knew he was broken. jonah knew he was the one breaking him.

zach didn't have enough strength to hold himself up anymore. and as he began to fall to his knees, jonah grabbed the boy and brought him to himself. he held his boy close.

his strong arms wrapped around the fragile boy's body, and despite zach's determination to get out of the hold, he kept him close against his own chest.

"shh.. shh, i've got you.. i've got you baby, just breathe"

it must've been the tone of jonah's voice. or the way he ran his fingers through zach's hair. or how close he was keeping the boy. but something made zach give in.

soon enough, zach had his arms tightly around jonah's waist. he hid his face against his lover's chest. and his breathing slowed down to rhythmic hiccups as jonah kissed the top of his head continuously; stroked his hair slowly, and murmured sweet nothing's to him.

"good.. see? you're okay.. you're okay," jonah kissed his head one last time before picking him up. a smile formed on his lips as zach held tighter onto him, keeping his face hidden. "let's get some rest, baby. i know you're all worn out"

zach didn't fight. sure, a small part of him, somewhere deep inside, hated himself for staying there with jonah, but he believed it was going to be okay. he knew he was okay. jonah said so.

he let himself fall asleep against the older's chest. jonah held him tight throughout the night. neither of them dreamt of anything, but zach kept (mentally) telling himself a few things.

they're okay.

nothing bad happened.

jonah's still there, and he loves you.

you're okay. 

═══

wc; 605

idk the idea popped in my head so i figured, why not.