three

HARLEY

"Mom and dad, your real daughter is ready and she looks hot," Ellis calls down the stairs as I examine myself in the mirror. As Ellis said, hot damn. My dirty blonde hair falls straight down my shoulders, touching the tip of the skull on my shirt. Ellis, like always, has proven herself to be the queen of fashion. Ellis takes another look at me, "Well shit, I did good. If I were this Asher guy, I'd have to take you back to my place a little earlier than anticipated."

I laugh as my parents file in my room. I take a deep breath and turn around to face my parents, hoping they'll approve of my outfit. When I turn around, my eyes meet the green of my mom's. "I feel like I'm staring at myself twenty-five years ago," my mom says, her eyes glossing over.

"I don't know about this outfit, Harley. You're not this bad ass," my dad says, a smile forming across his face. "However, I might have to send Ellis along so this boy doesn't try anything with my little girl."

Ellis looks at her phone and panics, looking at me, "Sorry to cut the chit chat and nice family bonding time, but she has to be at the store in less than ten minutes." My mom and dad, both, kiss me on the cheek, telling me to have fun and be safe.

I walk to the door with Ellis trailing behind me and my parents watching us from the foyer. As I open the door to walk out, I am taken back by the presence of the tall boy with the shaggy, brown hair and hazel eyes standing in front of me with a hesitant look on his face.

I can tell he's lost in his words, so I speak first. "Hi, Asher. Come in," I say, opening the door wide enough so he can walk in. He fidgets with his hands and looks around cautiously before entering my house.

ASHER

Fuck. Fuck was the only word that was crossing my mind at the moment. I'm not really sure of what led my feet to her doorstep instead of the store, but here I am and her folks are staring me down really hard.

God, they probably think I'm a damn stalker. But I guess I kind of am. After leaving my annoying band mates at The Cove, I asked around town until someone finally told me where she lived. So maybe I am a stalker, but I couldn't wait any longer to get the night started.

I am horrified, so damn horrified. Everyone is looking at me with the same confused expression, probably expecting an explanation out of me, but I can't think straight enough to come up with a reasonable one.

The man across the room from me gives me a smile and begins walking toward me, extending his hand toward mind. "I'm Denver Wolfe, Harley's dad," he says, his hand shaking my sweaty one. I nod my head, showing my appreciation of the gesture.

A red haired woman comes to stand beside of him, taking my hand in hers, "I'm Cassandra, the mom."

These two people are parents? They have non of the shitty qualities of real parents. Mr. Wolfe is wearing a red flannel, casual jeans, and a black beanie. Mrs. Wolfe is wearing a floral dress that many of our groupie girls wear. There's no way in hell they're actually parents. This has got to be a joke.

"I'm Ellis," I hear a voice say over my thoughts. I look beside Mr. Wolfe and see a very attractive brunette, staring me down with her arms crossed over her chest. "I'm the best friend. You hurt her, I hurt you." Usually, that doesn't intimidate me, but the way her eyes don't contain sarcasm or light, I promise myself not to cross paths with her.

I feel a hand brush against my arm and a soft voice speak, "Are you ready to go," making the hairs on my neck stand up. I turn around and keep my eyes on hers, trying to keep them from raking down her petite body. Her light brown eyes capture mine and pull me in, making me forget about all the stupid stalker shit I did trying to find her house.