CHAPTER TEN

3 months later
~
It's been three months. Three months since I've last talked to Jimmy. Of course I've seen him, but he didn't see me. I've only watched four practices but only from above, I never went to the field. Over these past months, I've been busy traveling to different states for different business deals and most importantly healing from the car crash. And heartbreak... Alyssa dropped George and I felt terrible about it. I told her countless times she didn't have to do it but she insisted. Today me and her are going to Levi's stadium to watch the practice since the offseason would be coming to an end and we unfortunately have to go onto the field to talk to the coach and some upcoming dates. It's currently August 2nd and time has flown by very quickly.

Post Jimmy, I've actually got my confidence back. Me and Alyssa went out and partied more, I didn't have to be dragged out like before.

"And here we are" Alyssa stated as we pulled up to the stadium. She insisted she drove everywhere we went together, which helped because I wasn't exactly ready to get behind the wheel yet.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and fixed my skirt.

"Okay I know you and Jimmy never dated but you had like a breakup glow up!" Alyssa hyped me up as we walked to the field

"You're an idiot," I laughed at her. Me and Jimmy never really dated. I'll admit it all happened way too fast so I honestly should've saw it coming. Looking back I had no right to look through his phone but I had the right to know and not be lied to about what me and him were. Although, I still thought about him. And I still had feelings. The pain on side interrupted my thoughts. My ribs were well taking longer than normal but the pains I felt now are not even close to as brutal as before.

"I know you're in pain Aria, don't hide it from me" Alyssa shook her head.

"I'm fine" we both said at the same time, only her voice was attempting to mock mine.

We arrived on the side of the field and took a seat nearby the team. I was a nervous wreck. I pulled out the camera on my phone and looked at my face. Some of my scars and bruises refused to cover up with some makeup and it was annoying applying ten pounds of product on my face. "You can see the bruising huh?" I asked Alyssa. My reflection showed some bruising on my left eye, which was more visible than I liked.

"It's not that bad but still pretty visible," she examined my face. "Want me to cover it up?"

"No it's alright."

"Hey Aria," Kyle came and greeted me while he hugged Alyssa. Ever since the accident, people treated me as if I were a piece of glass.

"Hey, hows it going?" I asked him.

"Pretty good, for the most part. Kittle and Garoppolo have been off their game a little though" he sighed. "We're about to run a play, come watch."

Me and Alyssa followed him to the sidelines. About half an hour later, the team was about finished. George came up to me and Alyssa. "Hey," he smiled. He was sweaty, he stared at me and Alyssa and I could tell he was nervous. "Hey Aria" he gave me a hug, slowly.

I looked at Alyssa and knew she missed that smile, she missed his presence. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I excused myself and let them have time to theirselves.

I began walking when I felt an arm on my shoulder. I gasped and turned around. "You gave me a heart attack!" I had my hand over my chest.

"Sorry" Jimmy said. "Follow me."

"No I have to to go the bathroom" I continued walking.

"Aria please" he practically whispered. I gave in.

We walked and we were actually in the locker room. Everyone had changed as it was empty with just mine and Jimmy's presence.

"What do you want Jimmy?" I asked. My head began to hurt.

"I just wanted to say, I'm sorry."

"Noted, are we done now?"

"Aria. I'm truly sorry. Baby, I haven't been able to get you out of my mind for these three months. And oh my god your eye," he cupped my face in his hands. His thumb gently ran over my bruises and scars. "The moment I left the hospital, I told her it was over. There's no more females I've slept with or had anything with in my phone, here" he handed me his phone.

I was about to unlock it and scroll through but I just handed it back to him. I oddly trusted him. "It just hurt when you said that, more than it probably should've." I said, I took a deep breath. "I believe you. And I accept your apology."

"I'm sorry" he said once more. As cliche as it was, we stared into each other's eyes. I don't know how long but we did. All of a sudden I felt dizzy, and sick. "Woah what's wrong?" Jimmy caught me as I lost my balance a little.

"I just get dizzy and nauseous sometimes" I informed him, sitting down.

"Here" he handed me a bottle of water. "Let me change and then i'll take you home." He stated, taking off his shirt.

"No it's okay," I said but my phone rang. It was Alyssa, "hello?"

"Hey.. George wants to take me out but I said no because I have to stay with you."

I tried to focus on the conversation but Jimmy's bare torso distracted me. "Alyssa don't be dumb. Jimmy offered to take me home, I'll be fine. If i need anything I'll call you."

"Are you sure?"

"Go and have fun!"

"Okay Aria, text me if you're in pain or need anything okay?"

"Will do, bye."

I looked up at Jimmy who was ready to go. I mentally frowned as he was covered from head to toe. "So is the offer still available?"

"Yes" he smiled. "I'll take care of you tonight, don't worry."

That'd be a miracle.