Poems of the Cynic

• Dedicated to All of my fans who will learn this secret

  Valley of Death

As I walk down the street, seemingly caught in my own little world, I see how other people think. They do not think as I do, even though they seem no different to me. I see how they react with such passion at the smallest of things, things that do not matter in the grand scheme of things.

At night, I see people expressing great anger over not getting into a club. At day, I see people isolating themselves from the public as if afraid that any words exchanged or any human contact outside of their closed social group, might kill them.

People are so worried about the actions of public figures, but completely ignore the obvious parallels of their "tragic" lives and their own. I see people who refute the right to individuality in favor of believing in fairy tales written thousands of years ago. I see the stupidity in mankind today, a stupidity that has always been there. But now... Now there's arrogance, unbelievable arrogance.

The people of religion often share a common view on the universe... it was created by something far beyond us, for us. This, I will not tolerate. But I am no less of a human than the rest of my species; I worry about the same kind of everyday mundane events. The only difference is, that this is not my priority. I observe the world around me, and attempt to get an accurate and neutral view.

And in this, I think I have succeeded, for I do not to pretend to care about the people dying in Africa, as they have no effect on my life, I have found that the people who do say that they care are simply deluding themselves because it is a trend.

I do not care about drugs or their users, as long as one of them do not do something to me directly, at which point they will be a part of my life, and I am justified in caring about the drugs, if they are the problem in the scenario. I am not saying that people should not care about the world, I am saying that they should have genuine care for those they claim to pity or support.

I am saying that people should step out of the world we live in and step into the world we live from. Our minds. Every time you take an action, stop and consider the reason you provided for taking that action. Ask yourself: "Why did I think this?" and "What lead me to the conclusion that this was the best alternative?” Just practice this a little, and you will find yourself studying everything around you, and this, if done correctly, will make you a better person.

Redefine your morals, and you will find just how much of you there is hidden. Discover what you can. Find the true reason for your existence and realize that you have never been any more significant to the universe than that little grain of sand on the beach.

You are not vital to anyone beyond those that surround your life. You will be humbled. If you are of religion, then I advise you to think twice about this, as faith in any god will result in extreme arrogance rather than kindness and humility. Do not walk through empty shadows and call them miracles.

You are not special or unique if you look at the world... you just differ slightly. What differences you have between the humans of history and yourself... only you can decide. Do something to be proud of before you die, because, when you die, your existence is no more.

You only have one short shot at life, do with it what you will.

           -- Insignificant

The Meaning of life

When you read this will you know me?

When you read this will you know you?

For if you do, you know the truth.

This truth about a previously timeless question.

What is the meaning of human life?

The answer has been there all along.

We, the human race, just had a wrongful image of ourselves.

We gave ourselves the image of the highly evolved.

We gave ourselves the image of the chosen ones, the blessed ones.

We were, and we are the good with a pinch of evil amongst us.

Wrong.

So here is the secret, a secret you know, but have not accepted.

We… are…random.

We were not chosen to walk the Earth.

Our planet was not placed here, it was not planned.

It happened, it became.

It was not important.

It was a coincidence.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

For those who have not yet thrown this text “out the window”, so to speak,

I applaud you.

But know this, you are insignificant.

Yet you are vital.

You are this universe, you are this planet.

But insignificant nonetheless.

You are but a ripple in a maelstrom.

A breeze in a tornado.

The unnoticeable consequence for an ageless action.

In spite of this, you are reading my thoughts.

That makes you vital in so many ways.

You are the employee of a dead-end food chain.

You are the leader of your country.

You are the cogwheel.

Be Happy.

For all life is as meaningful and meaningless as you.

You are the meaning of life.

          Insignificant--