spooky season

The smell of autumn wafted through the sky, and down to Robbie's lair. He smiled- smiled!- at the rare moment of quiet solace in Lazytown. In fact, he even decided to peek his head out of the hatch and feel the calm, fresh air. He took a large, overdramatic sniff. "Man, what day even is it? That Sportaloon has been leaving me sleepless..." He slunk outside and sprawled on the ground, stretching contentedly. The soft rustle of leaves and crisp, chilly breeze rendered him helplessly euphoric. He hardly noticed the flippy noises approaching him. A perky Sportaflop asked suddenly, "What are you doing out here, Robbie?" "GWAAAAUAUUAUAUGH?! HELLO SPORTAFLIPPITYFLOPPITY-!" Sportacute giggled. Robbie thought it sounded like bells. Maybe he could integrate that into a design for a disguise...wait, he was getting distracted! "I. Um. The air is very fresh. I wanted to come out here while it was quiet." he replied awkwardly. "Yeah," Sportaboi agreed, "even though I love the kids, it's nice to just relax and be silent sometimes." Robbie's eyes were pools of admiration. Sporp was blushing lightly, and reddened even further when he snuck a glance at his friend. The sentimental moment was interrupted by their kids' screeches from down the street. "I'd better go see what they're up to," Sportasweet relented. He poised to cartwheel away, but then looked back at Robbie. He quietly admitted, "It was nice to be with you for a moment." Robbie melted into a flustered puddle at his Sportacute.

He retreated back into his lair, grabbing a nearby pillow and screeching into it. "AAAAaaaAAAAAaaAAAAAAAAAA!" He curled up on the floor, having a bit of a mental breakdown over what had just happened. "Hey, Dad," Ella said absentmindedly as she walked sleepily toward him. Since she was sleeping late, he had woken her up, but she had gotten used to his emotional fits. Sportaflop's words were a broken record in his head. It was nice to be with you, It was nice to be with you, It was nice to be with you. "STUPID Sporta-DORABLE with his COMPLIMENTS..!" His thoughts were interrupted by an upbeat song rattling through his speaker system. "It's the time for spiders and ghosts- BOO!- working with your friends to make costumes! It's almost Halloween!" Robbie bolted upright at the word "Halloween". "MY FA-VORITE HOLIDAY!" He did a little jig. "Candy, SO MUCH CANDY, and all the COSTUMES..! I LOVE the costumes! I AM the Master of Disguise, after all!" He pulled down his periscope to watch the kids. They were grabbing various materials. "Wrinkled dress-up clothes?...Cardboard?...Tape? What do they expect to make with THAT?" Robbie asked pointedly. The children giggled gleefully, sitting cross-legged and spreading out their supplies. "Our costumes are gonna be really good! Ziggy said happily. An unholy screech escaped Robbie's throat. He leapt up and swiftly exited his lair without thinking. Trixie pulled out one of their old pirate costumes. "I guess I'll be a pirate! It may be a bit old and small, but that's okay, I guess..." "THAT'S NOT OKAY!" Robbie yelled. He was panting from his sudden sprint. "Robbie Rotten?!" the children iconically chorused, as he collapsed on the ground. "Robbie, are you okay?!" Sportaconcerned asked, rushing over to him. For just a moment, his assertiveness dimmed, but he quickly picked himself back up; not even Sportacute could faze the Master of Disguise in the midst of a fashion crime. "I don't know how on EARTH you guys expect to make GOOD COSTUMES out of CARDBOARD and TOO-SMALL DRESS UP CLOTHES!" They glanced nervously at each other and shifted under his fiery gaze. "Um, I apologize if I'm coming on a little STRONG..." he said, his voice quieting. "But I can help you! We can do SO much BETTER than...this!" He gestured to the measly pile of scrap. "Have you even SEEN how many AMAZING costumes I've made?" He posed dramatically, and the kids nodded. "Follow ME if you want to ACTUALLY make the best costumes!"

"Now, NORMALLY, I wouldn't let a bunch of little heathens into my FABULOUS LAIR like this, but you all need SERIOUS HELP." Ella, a little confused, waved hi. Everyone was staring in awe at the fantastic machinery. "YOUR LAIR IS SO COOL ROBBIE OH MY GOSH AAAA!" Pixel yelled, his eyes sparkling. Robbie smiled with pride. "Ok, kiddos, let's get to WORK! Yellow boy, what do you wanna be?" "The name's Stingy," he retorted, "and I like fancy buisnessmen. So that's what I want to be, with a fabulous tuxedo and all." Robbie mumbled "of course", then wrote it down on a pad of paper. Ziggy took the lollipop out of his mouth and blurted, "I wanna be SPORTACUS!" Robbie smiled briefly. "Weren't you Sportacus last year?" Trixie blurted. "Well... uh...yeah, because he's really cool!" Ziggy said defensively. "Yeah he is," Robbie mumbled to himself while writing it down on his paper. He strode over to the next child. "Okay, Pinky, what do you wanna be?" She thought for a moment. "A lollipop princess!" Robbie wrote a little "blegh" next to it on his list, and moved on. "Trixie, what do you-" "A DRAGON ON ROLLER SKATES." she swiftly interrupted. Robbie was a bit taken aback. "Are you okay? You're, uh, shaking..." Trixie was indeed so excited that she was nearly vibrating. Robbie scooted away slowly. "Ella, what do you want to be?" She looked up, her eyes shining a little. "Me?" Robbie nodded, a little incredulously. "Uh...a galaxy would be cool, thank you." She was still a little bewildered at being included. Robbie peered at his list. "Wait, there's still a child missing." He looked around dramatically. "The techy one! Where is he?" He heard a small gasp, and a muffled voice. "I'm very sorry, Robbie..! It's just! These are some of the most amazing technological marvels I've ever seen and they'resoadvancedit'samazingit'sanhonortobehere-!" His sentence trailed off into a giggle. "What do you want for your costume?" Pixel wrung his hands. "Would it be possible to somehow make a mech? Like from anime?" Robbie raised an eyebrow. "I'm not sure if i can make something as BIG as anime, but my building skills are UNPARALLELED! I'm sure I could make something!" Pixel's eyes became the size of teacups, and he fainted. Luckily, Stephanie caught him in the nick of time, but Robbie looked genuinely scared. "Okay, everyone, please remove the UNCONSCIOUS child from my lair, so I can GET TO WORK!" He beamed, and the kids chorused "Thank you!" as they trickled away.