Secrets

I woke up and Jay kissed me straight away " Morning baby" " Morning handsome" I turned around to face him. I kissed him then I put my head on his chest. " I love you, you know," He said  I sat up and faced him" Jay I can't do this anymore" he looked at me worried " What" " I can't hide all of my feelings anymore. You've seen me happy and loving but never upset" I said as a tear rolled down my face " Jay I'm not breaking up with you" he took a sigh of relief. " Baby it's ok. I don't care if you cry or not" he said hugging me. I started to cry more into his warm shoulder. " Tell me what's bothering you" " Jay seeing 81 flipped and 66 almost missing a front," I said still crying " I don't know if I can do it every day. I've been there a few days and I've grown so close to everyone" " Hey it's ok" He said grabbing me tighter  "Cry whenever you want I'll be here when you do" I kissed him then my phone rang It was my sister Georgie. Jay doesn't know I have a sister " Hey Georgie" " So I get Georgie and not baby sis now. Chicago has changed you" "I still love you, you know that right," I said to my sister looking at Jay " I'm thinking of coming to visit and I wanted to see dad's badge on the wall"  " When are you coming?" " I was hoping that you would pick me up." " Pick you up?" I said confused " My flights in an hour I'll be in Chicago for 1" " Georgie you haven't spoken to me since I moved here and all of a sudden you want to come and see me and dad's badge" " There is something more to this trip but please will you pick me up" " Fine Georgie I'll see you soon". I hung up the call and looked at Jay. He gave me the look he gave Erin when he first met me. " I should probably tell you something" " I have a baby sister called Georgie who is a firefighter in Indianapolis," I said hoping he's ok with it " I'm guessing she's coming today," he said "yeah my dad was a firefighter he died in the line of duty" "I guessed that, that's probably why when 81 and 66 crashed it got to you so bad" "yeah I'm sorry I didn't tell you baby" " Hey it's ok I should probably tell you I have a brother" "really?" I said shocked " Dr Will Halstead," He said looking at me " No, you to look nothing alike," I said shocked " yep go shower and get ready. I'll clean up for you"  "thanks baby" I said kissing him.

I got into the shower and relaxed because I knew Jay was ok with me crying. I got out of the shower and picked a black dress with black high heels. I didn't put my shoes on but I curled my hair and did my make up. I went down to help Jay but he had done it all before I had got downstairs. " Thanks, baby," I said kissing him " Go get ready baby I'll make the bed in the guest room" I walked into the guest room and saw Jay had already done it. I grabbed the sheets that were at the door and put them into the washer. Jay came downstairs with my shoes and I put them on " Ready to meet my crazy sister?" I said to him "She can't be as bad as you" I slapped him then grabbed my phone and purse and put them in my bag. Jay grabbed the keys while I walked out to the car. " It's good that today was your day off," I said while he got into the car. Jay started the car and before I knew it we were at the airport waiting for my sister.

I saw my sister walking out and I just stood there. " It's going to be ok" Jay whispered to me. Georgie saw me and ran over to me. "KATTT!" she said as loud as she possibly could. I looked at Jay he just smiled back. "Hey Georgie" "Kat it's been so long" " No Georgie it's been what 2 weeks" Georgie stopped hugging me "Kat you're doing that thing" " What thing," I say as Jay comes up behind me " The thing where you don't make eye contact because you're keeping a secret. Jay was still standing behind me I put my hand behind my back and grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Fine Georgie" I moved my hand back to my side still holding Jay's hand. She looked down at my hand and looked at me " and this is...?" " Georgie this is my boyfriend Jay, Jay this is my little sister Georgie" Georgie looked at me and then ran up to Jay " MY BIG SISTER HAS A BOYFRIEND" she screamed. " I told you" I whispered to Jay, he laughed. " Let's go," he said " Oh Jay I forgot to say, I need to go to 51 and get my glasses" "your glass-" I gave him a look before he could finish. We got into the car and drove to 51.

I walked up towards the apparatus floor and saw chout and McAuley " Hey Chout, Hey McAuley" "Hi Hart" " Don't worry I'll leave you to work" I say just as the bells go off. I move to the side so truck, squad and engine can get to their trucks. They all get to their trucks and I go to my locker to get some peace. Jay comes into the locker room and sits next to me " She acts like everything is fine, like dad was never here and that she wasn't mad that I left" I said starting to cry " shh shh" Jay said hugging me. " Come on let's take her home and we can go to Molly's while she sleeps," he said kissing my forehead. I walk out to the car and get in. 

We arrive at my house and Jay unlocks the door and we walk in. " Georgie, Jay will show your room," I say to her walking into the kitchen. A few minutes later Jay comes up behind me and kisses my neck. "She's all settled you ready to go" " I'm ready," I say walking to the door " Georgie, Jay and I are going out" I shout. We start walking to Molly's and I look at Jay " I said I would take her to see dad's badge. I don't think I can" " We can do it after shift. I'll pick you up and go with you" he said while kissing my head. 

We walk into Molly's and walk over to the bar. " Here's the soon to be birthday girl," Herrmann said walking over " 2 beers, please Herrmann," I said. " Birthday girl?" Jay says  " My birthday is in 2 days" "the end of your next shift then" "yeah" he kissed me " your beers," Herrmann said. we drank our beers then Ruzek came over "Jay how did you get the day off" " I took furlough time. I needed a few days after the last case" "understandable. When you back?" "Tomorrow" " See you tomorrow then," he said walking away " Jay," I said " yeah" " Why don't you move into mine. You stay there most nights just not the ones I'm at work." "Your right I do stay there most nights. I'll move in on one condition" " What" " I get to drive you to work whenever I want" "Deal" I said before kissing him. " Jay lets go home" "lets" while walking home I say to Jay " I'll help you move in on my day off" he nodded "ok". 

We walk into the house and it's too silent for Georgie to be there. I open the guest bedroom to see her sleeping in her clothes. I grab the cover and put it over her. I walk upstairs and Jay is already in bed. I go into the bathroom and get changed into another tank top and booty shorts. I wash my make up off and brush my teeth. I get into bed and cuddle into Jay. " I'm happy you told me how you really feel" " I'm happy I got it off my chest" We kissed and then went to sleep