CHAPTER THREE - Training

10th floor,
Gymnasium,
The Fortress.
9:05

The "gymnasium" was the biggest that William had ever seen. It was so massive that it was divided into at least five (5) section filled with different equipment, each section dedicated for different activities. They had the sparring room (room being relative as it was more of a hall), wall climbing, exercise room, gun range,  swimming pool etc. They were probably more but Williams had not had time (or been allowed) to go exploring so this were the parts he knew. All he knew was the gym was always open 24/7 and kept lighted. Now he as he fell  to the ground in the sparring room. He stated at the overhead light fixtures.

I swear every single one of them are vampires these where the kind of thoughts rattling through William's mind as he laid on the ground staring at the ceiling after the nth - he couldn't even remember the number of times Rico had thrown him to the floor.

His days underground had begun to blur into one as he couldn't really feel the passage of time due to his incarceration. Let's not lie to ourselves that what it is, he thought cynically. His thoughts on why everyone in this facility was a vampire was because no one seemed to be bothered about being stuck underground for days on end. For some reasons unknown to him after the welcome party for Rachel, Rico (formerly known as creepy leather jacket guy) was now in charge of training him.

“How long do you intend to remain on the floor?”

“how long do I get?”  William asked back

“Do you want me to come and get you?”

“Not if I can help it.”

Williams stood up and slowly rotated his shoulders to try release some of the stress in his body, get a bit relaxed and maybe reduce the stiffness. Didn't help much as he still felt very stiff, sore and bruised all over.

These summer was still going to go down in his memory as the weirdest of all times. He had met most of the family members in the organisation at the "welcome party"

He could still remember it like it was yesterday which it actually might be as he didn't know how frigging long he had been underground.

The welcome party

After, the introduction to Mitchelle's grandfather he had been very gently but firmly ushered to another level by Rico. As he trailed behind Rico, he was led through a series of complex and twisting corridors that he was sure that he would never be able to retrace his step back to the cavern except with aid from someone.

“This will be your room for now” said Rico, he didn't say from now on or until further notice but the hint could be felt. “ I will send someone to fetch you for the evening party. Till then get some rest.”

“Thank you, I think” I replied skeptically as I stepped into the room. The door closed behind me and I could hear a very audible click as whatever mechanism in the  door locked me in.

I stared at the door and noticed that there was no door knob. Of course, what else were you expecting, Williams? You are still a prisoner.

I turned around and inspected my new “room”. It wasn't bad in fact it was better than my hostel room and even my room back at home with my Foster parents. It was like a very nice and tush  five-star hotel room except one I couldn't leave without the benevolence of my captors. The plan was to break out before but the revelation I had received still shocked me. I was still in a daze. As I sat on the bed to compute my thoughts, I became vaguely aware of the softness of the bed and before I knew I was lying down and dozing on the bed.