Chapter 1

Skyler POV

"Skyler come down here" I hear my mom scream from downstairs. I groan and jump off my bed and lightly jog down the stairs. "I have some new for you."

"What is it? I have a lot of stuff to do today and I have no time to waste." I said sassily.

"Skyler, we are moving to Long Valley, New Jersey."

I stare at her with no emotion. Instead of saying anything back to her, I start crying as I turn in my heals and run up to room. I slam my door shut and flop onto my bed and cry for the next few hours.

I wake up after crying myself to sleep. I look at my clock and realize I have been asleep since 1:30 to 5:53. I decided I should go talk to my mom about this situation. I walk down the hall into her room to see her packing all her clothes. "Mom. Can I talk to you?"

"Look honey. I know this is sudden but I got a great job offering in New Jersey that I couldn't let down. I'm sorry I'm taking you away from your life here but it's a great opportunity for you to make new friends and start your life over."

For a few seconds I just stare at her blankly. "I want you to be happy and if that means moving to New Jersey for your job that is fine. When do we leave?'

"Thank you honey. We are going to leave Sunday morning so you better start packing now."

I run down the hall into my room and grab my suitcases from under my bed. It's Friday night so I have all day tomorrow to pack. I grab all my clothes from my drawers and start folding them all and placing them into a suitcase. After a few hours of packing I look at the time. It's 11:23. I really should get to bed. I crawl into bed and think about how life will be on the east coast.