Chapter 2

"Lucy come on! This isnt funny anymore." 4- year old Tommy shouted in the center of the giant house. As he passed the housekeeper he immediately stopped and looked at the giant potted plant in the corner of the room. As he approached it, he saw short strands of blonde hair poking out.  A smirk plastered itself on his face as he went to tackle the plant. 

Instinctively,  Lucy Ferrer jumps out from behind the plant and falls on the ground.  Suddenly,  Tommy ended up tackling the big pot, causing it to fall and  shatter into pieces.

Lucy looked down and found that she grazed her knees.  Tears started to stream down her face, and eventually she broke into screaming sobs.

"M- my knees,  they h-have a boo-boo!" Lucy screamed,  tears falling like an endless waterfall as she clutched her knees. Suddenly, two hands clasped around hers.

"It's okay,  lemme see. "She started to calm down as she's heard Tommy's voice. She looked up to smile at him,  but great terror shook her as she saw him.

There was a huge gash on his forehead, and blood was steaming from it. It must really hurt,  but Tommy still managed to keep smiling until he pulled out a handkerchief and ripped or into two, tieing each piece on each knee. By now,  Lucy stopped crying and just watched as Tommy moved around. When he finished,  she asked in a shaken voice,

"D-Doesn't that hurt?" She expected him to say yes,  but instead,  Tommy falls to the ground in front of her. And she screams.

That was only one of the many things that they as best friends handled in their childhood. It mostly involved daring rescues of Tommy for Lucy. No matter how big the bruises they got,  that didn't stop their day, as it always ended with Lucy asleep on Tommy's shoulder as he gently stroked her head.

Many of their friends called them weird,  because  that was how their parents acted.  When Tommy asked Lucy if it was okay,  Lucy just replied yes.

Thinking back then,  Lucy realized how obscene her answer was. At that time,  Tommy thought that, those were the prevelages of having a best friend. But deep inside,  Lucy knew that she only told Tommy that, because she loved the attention Tommy gives her and only her.  Maybe that what was caused her to fall for him in the first place.

1 year later,  Lucy and Tommy sat in the living room in her house.

"You're moving?" Tommy asked in a confused voice.

"Yup " Lucy said in a cheery voice.

"So? Your moving now aren't you? I mean you're playing, so aren't you moving your arms?" Tommy said,  his expression unchanging.

"No silly,  to another country" Lucy giggled.  Once again,  she anticipated the wrong expression.  She expected him to be excited and all because there would be a new playground. Instead,  he frowned at her.  An audible expression he had when he despised a certain decision of hers.

"But that means we won't be able to play with each other anymore." Tommy said,  putting down his toys, pouting.

"That's okay.  Mom said we can visit,  and so can you. And she said we can still call each other through her cellphone. " she said

"But I don't have a cellphone" Tommy said in an irritated voice.

"Then go ask your mom" Lucy also said,  countering his mood with a small hug.

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy for me?"

"Well yeah,  I am it's just that I'll miss you so much" Tommy said in a sad voice.  Lucy pulled away from Tommy and stared at his eyes.  She gave him a smile.

"Then,  let's promise to stay as best friends." She said standing up.

"H-how?" Tommy says,  feeling scared of how motivated she was.

"Let's be best friends forever!"  she jumped excitedly

"Forever?" His voice was in awe,  and his gaze just seemed sincere. 

She held out get pinkie finger.

"yep! So? Promise?"

Tommy smiled widely and intertwined their pinkies together.

"Promise!"

___________________

"I never forgot our promise... But it seems that you have. You never called, never visited. Are you even still alive?"
She dazed off into the ceiling of her room.

"bark bark!" her dog Angelo, a pomeranian, jumped on her bed and made himself comfy.

"I know baby, but still..." she pat his head slowly dozing off.