Chapter 10

What was it about watching men fiddle with cars that was prime diddle under the covers material for women? Natalia tried to figure it out, staring at Gabe's expansive and broad back, willing herself not to get hot and bothered. For a white boy, his ass was exceptional. Sculpted by a talented artist, ten out of ten would recommend.

She may have been a little bit wrong about Gabe. Quite wrong. Okay, very wrong. She was enjoying their rides together to and from work. She was sad it was coming to an end.

Yesterday, riding to work he introduced her to country music. It was a crash course, Natalia still wouldn't call herself a fan but she was happy to admit that the Caucasians might have done something with Country.

This morning, he had left her in charge of the aux cable. Being somebody that had a soundtrack for every situation and mood, this was her absolute love language. Gabe was definitely not ready for her 'London Drill' playlist so she played her, 'I miss home' playlist instead. It consisted of mostly; The Cure, The Smiths, The Clash and the Arctic Monkeys when they still sounded like they were from Sheffield and other assorted bands that reminded her of London's grey skies.

She was more homesick than she thought she would be. The year spent at home before coming out to Texas, had helped her to put the past behind her a little and grow comfortable in her home city once again. She still saw him, her twin everywhere but it was with a bittersweet fondness, not debilitating flashbacks.

"The Smith but no Morrisey?" Gabe had asked that morning.

"Morrisey is so problematic but I can't bring myself to cancel The Smiths." He had nodded, as if her reasoning made complete sense. They settled back into a comfortable silence. The music playing between them.

Gabe turned towards her, expectantly, interrupting her view and she realised with a jolt away from her thoughts that she was supposed to start the car.

She hurriedly got inside and turned the ignition. The engine roared to life. She hoped something more serious was wrong with her car but alas it was just a dead battery.

She left the car running. He was shutting the hoods of his car and hers and she leaned on the side of her white car, watching and waiting for him to emerge.

His fingertips were stained black.

"Thanks!" Natalia said remembering her manners.

"De nada," Gabe replied looking for something to wipe his hands with.

"Here, let me," Natalia offered a napkin from her bag. She approached him and instead of just handing him the napkin; she wiped off the oily gunk herself, marvelling at how big his hands were. His fingers were long and tapered. Elegant in a way, one of them was bent awkwardly in a fracture that had never healed right. She ran her fingers over it intently. The oily mess long forgotten.

They were both silent. Hyper aware of the other's every movement. Suddenly he clasped both her hands in his, using her surprise and his grip to pull her forwards towards him. Both of their hands joined at their sides.

He stared down at her. "What are you doing to me?" He sounded frustrated. Natalia's only answer was her laboured breathing.

He let go of her hands, instead placing his hand on the small of her back, chastely avoiding the swell of her arse. He placed the other at the junction of her jaw and neck. His hold was firm, she could feel the calluses on his fingers and the slight scratch of his touch, electrified all her nerves.

He kissed her slow, like he had planned it. Meticulous in both softness and attention. He explored her mouth with a deft tongue. Natalia moaned into his mouth at the touch of his tongue against hers. The kiss was so deeply consuming, Natalia came away with her hands clutching at his shirt. Her chest was heaving up and down.