Chapter One: A Mountain of Responsibilities.

Fyrian ran her fingers through her brown hair, standing in front of her cherry wood vanity, sighing softly. Her cinnamon skin held soft, rose red scales up the side of her cheeks and arms, a cluster surrounding her ash-grey Oribi horns that nestled in the top of locks of hip-length hair. She sighed, "I must look presentable... I'm the high priestess's daughter..." She murmured, adjusting her snow-white dress. She turned around, looking out the window. The gorgeous view from her window was of a misty, beautiful mountainside, overlooking a valley with many cherry trees. It being spring, the quiet valley of her people was colored pink. She smiled softly and picked up her cloak, wrapping it around her tiny, 5'4 frame. With her corduroy cross-body bag settled at her hip, her emergency kit and tarot cards held safely inside, she set out down the halls of the intricate castle. Her mother suddenly appeared by her side, a grinning, confident red dragon with warm brown eyes and long, gorgeous brown hair to her shoulders. "Hello, Little Fyrian." She teased her beloved daughter, to which Fyrian retorted, "I'm 316, mama, I'm not little anymore," with a soft laugh. Roslin- her mother -nodded, "Indeed, you're no longer little, my dragonette. I suppose we must send you on your worthiness quest this year." She sighed. "Don't be sad, mama, it just means you'll have less work!" Fyrian joked, elbowing Roslin gently. Roslin nodded once more, smiling. "I must go to the king, you go enjoy your adventure." She ruffled her hair, separating off down the hall that led to the throne room. Fyrian headed down the opposite direction, humming softly as she opened the kitchen door that led to the beautiful outdoors. She smiled, inhaling the fresh, sweet air. Sometimes, she forgot just how beautiful and lovely the forests of Del'ani and really tir'na'nog as a whole were. She was an indoor person most days, but on days like this, she couldn't help but ditch her mountain of responsibilities and explore the capital of dragons, her gorgeous, beautiful, amazing home. She started towards the forest full-to-bursting with dark green leaves and towering oaks, sprawling treetops and beautiful rays of light cascading through the flowers, vines, moss, and leaves. She began singing a Gaelic lullaby as she wandered, smiling as she explored. She didn't understand most people, she was what humans called, she believed, autistic. Her mind processed the world around her differently, but she saw these trees and she understood them. She understood what the world around her held, what it wanted... most of the time. This time, she didn't know what or why, but the world felt secretive. But what secrets could the land of the fair folk hold...?