Part 2: Decision (Rewrite)

After helping her daughter up the stairs towards the coach, Rita called Lincoln, Lisa, Luan, Luna and Leni down the stairs. As they did so, they noticed their mother and their sister sitting on the coach which made four of them nervous while the fifth remained calm.

"I see you found out some of what he's done Mom." Lisa said making her older sisters and brother look at her with raised eyebrows.

"Lisa, How did you..." Lincoln started to say until Lisa interrupted him.

"Know? Well, I had a sinking suspension that our father was doing something horrible behind Mom's back. But I didn't know what until Mom wanted me to place cameras in the house and what I witnessed on them sickened me." Lisa said.

"Actually it sickened me as well. And I apologize for not realizing what he's done sooner." Rita said.

"Don't apologize Mom. None of us knew what he would become after losing his restaurant. And we choose to keep it from you after he threatened your life and the safety of the others." Luan said.

"But it still doesn't make it right.  I'm your mother and I should've paid enough attention to notice what kind of a monster that your father has become." Rita said.

"Mom..." Leni said.

"I can't let this continue so I decided to divorce your father." Rita said making the others gasp in shock.

"Mom...Dad could hurt or even kill you for destroying your marriage to him. I don't want to see you and the others hurt due to the divorce." Luna said.

"Don't worry Luna, I already took the liberty of sending the footage to the authorities and pulled a couple of strings to get us into a safe house which we will live in until we get back on our feet." Lisa said.

"But what about the others? They don't know what Dad's been doing to us." Lincoln said.

"I'll handle them. But I also have information that many of you weren't aware of." Rita said.

"What is it Mom?" Lori asked.

"Your father has another banking account with money that he's managed to get by petting on some of your events." Rita said.

"That scumbag's been making money out of us!!" Lori and Lynn shouted making the others shush her before any of their younger siblings came down the stairs.

"That was close." Leni said until a certain someone popped up next to her.

"L..Lucy. What are you doing here?" Lincoln asked.

"I wanted to hear what all of you were talking about. And is it true that he's been abusing all of you and making money out of some of our activities?" Lucy said.

"Yes. We never wanted you and the others to find out so we hide our injuries and pretended that everything is normal." Luan said before Lucy hugged her.

"While I wish that I knew about this earlier, I can see why you hide it from us. But what are we going to do if he someone finds out where we are." Lucy said.

"The house that we're going to has a state of the art security system that will protect us if he tries to get inside the house. And I managed to get a restraining order issued against him if he tries to do anything towards any of us." Lisa said.

"We should be able to get out of the house tomorrow since it's the start of the weekend. And we should tell the others that it's like a vacation of shorts before we drop the bomb on them." Rita said.

"But..." Leni said.

"Listen, I know that you all are scared, but if we don't do this then who's the next one that he's going to start abusing? What if he even managed to kill or severely injure one of you? I can't let that monster keep doing this is all of you and tell you that your talents are useless. And compare his children to one another. I love of all of you and I would risk everything just to make sure that all of you are safe." Rita said as she sent her children up the stairs. 

After watching them all go, Rita sighed and started to think of how it all went wrong. When her husband started to change for the worst and turn into that child abusing, cheating monster that now inhibits the house. Shaking her head, she started to remember her old boyfriend, Lugar Kenneth and how he treated her like a goddess. How heartbroken she was when he moved away and ended their relationship knowing how stressful a long distance relationship was. A couple of weeks later, she met her husband...Lynn Senior and married him years later.

Now she could see that she made a mistake and that she now had to fix it. By cutting out her husband..no, ex husband out of her and her children's lives...

Permanently. 

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋