Chapter 3

The next day.....

We pull up while Roy, Haley and Ben stares as Haley shook her head. Daddy and Uncle Dean got out of the car. Daddy opened the back door of the impala and pulled out me and a duffed bag.

"You guys got room for three more?" Uncle Dean asked.

"Wait, you want to come with us?" Haley questioned

"Who are these guys?" Roy asked.

"Apparently this is all the park service could muster up for search and rescue." Haley explained as Daddy put me on his back and walk ahead.

"That's right!" Uncle Dean replied.

"And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans with a two year old tagging along?"

Uncle Dean looked down out himself "Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts." He head past Haley

"What, you think is funny? It's dangerous backcountry but there." Roy explained "her brother might be hurt."

Daddy turn back.

"Belive me, I kmow how dangerous this could get." Uncle Dean told him "We just wanna help her find her brother, that's all." Uncle Dean head pass Daddy tousling my hair as he walk by

✴✴

We hiked through the forset, Roy in rhe lead, then Dean, Haley, Ben, and daddy carrying me bringing up the rear.

"Roy, you said you did a little hunting," Uncle Dean mentioned

"Yeah, more than a little." Roy replied

"Uh-huh. What kind of furry critter do you hunt?"

"Mostly buck, sometimes bear."

Uncle Dean passed Roy

"Tell me, oh Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?"

Roy grabbed Dean while Daddy looked on.

"Whatcha doing, Roy?" Uncle Dean questioned.

Roy grabbed a stick and pokes the beer trap Uncle Dean had almost stepped in and Haley looked annoyed.

"You should watch where you're stepping Ranger." Roy dropped the stick and retook the lead.

"It's a bear trap." Uncle Dean explained as we hiked on.

Haley caught up to Uncle Dean

"You didn't pack any provisions. You guys are carrying a duffel. You're not a Rangers." She grabbed Uncle Dean's arm "So who the hell are you?" As Ben went pass Haley and Uncle Dean

Daddy and I look at Uncle Dean, as he had indicated with his expression that daddy was to go on by; daddy was go on; Daddy obeyed.

Uncle Dean watched him go for a moment "Sam and I are brothers, Natasha is Sam's daughter, and we're looking for our father, Natasha grandfather. He might be here, we don't know. I just figured that you and me, we're in the same boat."