Twenty-third Chapter

Two Years Later...
Bogota, Colombia
¡Players Club!

(Desde el Fondo de Mi Corazón by Hildermaro starts playing in the club...)

Me: Girls... I can't believe that it's been two years since we've been sisters.

Sofia: Y'all remember our names?

I smile.

Sasha: Las Diablas.

Me: We haven't been that bad... or have we?

Sofia: Nah.

Sasha: How the fuck did this happen? Two years ago... we were normal girls. We were crooks... but we had a bit of freedom.

Me: You know how this happens. It's that fucked up part of society which means good is never good enough. I mean... it wasn't enough, we had to be drug dealers... we also had to be outlaws and we needed to be greedy. Y'know...

Sofia: Amen to that.

Sasha: Well... that combination of greed and fucked up stupidity... that works well. For the elite society, not so good if you're a fucking crook.

We laugh sarcastically.

Sofia: Are you ready to do this?

Me: Am I ready? No. I don't wanna see him. Not after what he did to me, two years ago.

Sasha: We don't need to do it. We can wait for tomorrow.

Me: Nah.

I call the waitress over.

Me: What do you girls want?

Sofia: Bring a bottle of champagne. A bucket of ice.

Sasha: A bottle of tequila.

Me: Bring me a beer. Thank you.

The waitress walks away and comes back with drinks.

I open a beer and start drinking.

Me: It's time.

I hug Sofia and Sasha.

Sasha: We love you.

Me: I love you too.

I start walking to the VIP section. A man and I make eye contact before he proceeds to walk over me.

Me: I don't even know what to say right now.

Titi: I do. I'm sorry. For everything that happened two years ago. From the bottom of my heart.

Me: Apology accepted.

We hug each other tightly.

Titi: I love you. Let's go sit down.

We go sit down and start talking about everything that's happened to us these past two years.