Chapter 1

Camu Camu fluttered about desperately trying to shove her stuff into place, her luggage wasn't too big, she just put off packing until it was too late. Camu Camu smiled, she was close enough to Jade Mountain to still be early, but far enough that she needed to go today. She thought about it and decided she would go in an hour, besides, she hadn't had her daily sunbath, though she never did, she just didn't want to move yet. Her wings twitched in the sunlight, her scales glowing as she turned bright pink, it was nice to just relax in the golden rays.

She got up after an hour and looked around she grabbed her bag and took off to other dragons, the plentiful trees would be a nuisance, but to her, these were simply everyday potholes. She stopped to grab a mango hanging ripened on a branch, it would be useful later. The golden afternoon sun warmed her scales during her flight. She enjoyed flights like these when she actually did one anyway. Rising above the trees she looked around, slightly hovering above the trees was a blue, black, and red striped dragon. Swooping down with grace and ease she floated over to the dragon."Treefrog!" Camu yelled at them. The dragon turned with a smile, the flight to Jade mountain would go by faster with a friend.

Camu smiled back, Treefrog flew up to Camu Camu. "Did you pack everything Camu?" Treefrog prodded. Camu Camu fiddled with her talons, "I think so?", she replied. "Whatever it's fine, there's a trading post not too far from Jade Mountain." Treefrog said, rolling her eyes."Anyway let's go, we're going to be late Camu." Treefrog stated.

"Hey Treefrog, don't the moons look different tonight, I mean they have been changing for the past week but this isn't a normal moon phase" Camu Camu questioned. Treefrog looked up, the moons were slightly darker and larger than normal."Huh, that is weird, but we have a long flight ahead Camu." Treefrog looked confused. A chill ran down Camu Camu's spine she looked back, nothing. A shadow quickly flew behind them.