Chapter 1: Frozen

"I'm freezing!" Complains Morgan.
"I think we all are." I say and look at her. She glares at me. My combat boots are ugh enough to keep the fluffy white snow out of my shoes. My toes are starting to go numb, but that is something I'm going to have to get used to.
"Hey Katie, there's a squirrel up in that tree. Shoot it down." I say, my eyes full of hunger. She pulls out her gun, shaking. She doesn't like to kill living things. Which I can kind of understand, I mean, in this world you are going to have to get used to that.
BANG
"I got it!" She says happily.
She climbs up the frozen tree, only slipping twice. When she comes down there is a squirrel in her hands.
"How are we going to make a fire?" She asks.
"Morgan and Cameron..." I ask." Please go collect sticks for the fire."
"Okay" says Morgan.
"Sure." Says Cameron.
When they comes back, there hands are covered with snow. And they are shivering.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"W-we h-had t-to dig in the s-snow for them." Replies Morgan.
"Well when we get a fire going you two sit close to it." I say.
"Okay." They reply in unison.
Patrick soon gets a fire going. Which is perfect because Cameron and Morgan looked like they were going to get frost bite any minute. They sit close to the fire. Instead of sitting on snow, I clear my area with my hands. Everyone follows along. We all huddle around the fire, keeping warm for the night.