Chapter Five- Reasons To Live

Credit for art: DanaElizabethWhitney

Triger warning- Some topics may be far to sensitive for others, such as suicidal thoughts and self harm.

"So, meet Mary Bee! Shes a family friend, I have known her since she was a toddler." Blake smiled as he introduced Mary Bee to his friends. Mary Bee's mother had work and so did Karsen, Ben was being watched by his grandmother so Blake was babysitting her. "Shes cute." Said a girl named Rosie, she had black curly hair pulled into a tight bun, she had dark skin, some beautiful chocolate brown eyes, she wore large dark clothing. Like sweatpants and a large black hoodie. She also had a pair of black glasses. Mary Bee knew what she was hiding, she had already seen it. Mary Bee never wondered why people did that, if you ever thought about it, they did it to feel something. But that doesn't mean it's for attention or they were overdramatic, they need help, love, and someone to hold their hand. "Hey Bee!" A male named Maxwell greeted her, attempting to run up and hug her. Before he could wrap his arms around her though, she placed her hand on his chest and pressing down to give off the message "You don't have permission to touch me." He quickly took his arms down and laughed awkwardly, "Not very affectionate, huh?"

The truth was... She loved affection, but it really depends. He was almost a full grown male, he was fast to do something before he thought about it, and she didn't excatly know this guy. Maxwell had brown messy hair, brown eyes, pale skin.

They seemed very friendly, but very sad, kind of like Blake. "Sorry, she doesn't really let guys touch her if she isn't used to them, so I would suggest asking for permission before touching her." Blake suggested, rubbing the side of his head. "Consent is key, huh? Well, why doesn't she let guys touch her?" Maxwell, being the nosy male he is, asked Blake as if he would share if he knew. "I don't really know..." Blake's voice trailed off. "If she doesn't want certain people to touch her, she doesn't have to. Besides it her body, she can allow anyone she wants to touch it," Rosie scowled the boys as she walked over to Mary Bee and kneeling down to her height and speaking in a sweet voice, "hey sweetheart, can I pick you up?" She smiled warmly at the girl as she nodded her head. She picked the small child up and held her like a mother holding her toddler. "See? As long as you ask, it's okay." Rosie looked at the two boys, giving off a smirk to show she was smarter. "Since when were you some tumblr girl who knew everything about kids?" Maxwell joked, giggling to himself. "Oh shut up! I don't even have tumblr!" Rosie giggled, trying to be serious. 

Rosie sat Mary Bee down on the bed before sitting next to her and talking to the boys. Before long, Maxwell spoke up, "Hey, how about we go walk around? I'm bored." "Hm, I don't see why not." Blake agreed before opening the door for them all. Rosie opened her hand for Mary Bee to hold while they walk, which she so gladly did.

As they walked, the teens would yell in their conversations to express themselves as if what they were talking about would hear them. But Mary Bee paid no mind. She was drowning in her thoughts as she walked between Rosie and Blake. One of her thoughts were of her day dreaming about being a normal girl. Where she didn't feel like a robot. Where she had friends that would call her, text her, or have sleepovers at each others houses. Where she felt like a normal being, not an object. She wanted to dance and play with the other girls and gossip about anything that came to their minds. She saw so many girls do that, she wanted to do that. Why couldn't she? "Because that is childish, plus a item like you doesn't deserve that!" The pink skinned monster yelled in the maze. Mary Bee guessed the monster was right, she didn't deserve that. She was to follow orders and not show weakness. She isn't aloud to cry or scream in anger, happiness, or pure sadness like the other children.

Mary Bee is only nine, why must she feel so much pain yet nothing at all? That is a question that needs a answer yet it seems nobody can find one. Mary Bee isn't a loved child, she is a pained child. But she is strong, psychically.

"Hey, Bee, you okay?" Suddenly Mary Bee was jolted out of her day dreaming by Maxwell's loud voice. She simply nodded her head and kept walking.