Chapter Six- Crybaby

Trigger Warning- Violence, bullying, sensitive topics and behavior.

"Bye, Bee!" Maxwell yelled, giving one last wave as he, Blake, and Rosie walked off to God knows where. They had just dropped Mary Bee off with her mother. The sun would fall soon. Mary Bee felt blank, like her existence had nothing of importance at the moment. So, she went to bed, she didn't want to be with Karsen or Ben, she didn't even want to be around her mother or father. So sleep was the best option.

Mary Bee has never really been a fan of sleep, it was always so boring. Sometimes she would get dreams, but not always.

"Is the little girl going to cry?" The kids teased, repeating the name "Crybaby" so the little girl wouldn't forget it. "Oh, suck it up!" A girl with tan skin yelled, pushing the little girl back. The little girl had tears streaming down her cheeks, her face was red, and her eyes were puffy. She felt her kneecaps intensify, then her thighs, her upper body seemed to move around nervously a bit as she let small distress noises escape her small lips, her arms seem to intensify which soon went to her fingers and hands. This happened when she was angry, or upset in anyway, including pain. The little girl wanted these children to stop. Suddenly the bell rang, signaling that recess had ended. All the children around her quickly ran off and into their lines. The little girl picked herself up, and followed behind. Her red dress was a bit dirty, but nothing she couldn't handle.

It happened to be the next day and it seems like the children still won't leave the little girl be. The little girl knew they were following, why are they following? She hadn't done anything wrong! She is innocent, she isn't the culprit! For whatever they are following her for, they must know she hasn't done anything! Just like them, she was just a second grader trying to learn how to read. The little girl starts running, they run too, they are following her. Dead end. The little girl stops in front of a tree, her last stop, she turns around, and there is a group of second grader children that overpower her by strength and height.

The little girl lay in the dirk, tears streaming down her face, her cheek was against the dirt. Her clothes were dirty. Her hair was a mess, if mother saw her she would grab her by the ear and drag her back inside to fix her unladylike appearance. The little girl's body ached, those children had really bruised her. They threw sticks and rocks at her. The hit and kicked her, beat her. They told her mean things and called her mean names, she had a headache. She must not let the pain bother her though, she must stand up. The little girl lifted her body up, her body ached, she needed to go home. The little girl decided she shouldn't go to class, not yet, the children were there. Instead, she could go to the nurses office, her back really hurt and she wanted to make sure she didn't have anything minor going on with her bones. The nurses office is by the principal's office, she can get there easily. As she walked, she felt her body shiver. She really wanted a nice and cozy blanket, she always has.

"Oh, dear. We are going to have you lay here until the end of school so your mother can pick you up. You have gotten a lot of bruises on your back and arms. What happened?" The nurse, Ms. Tain, looked at her with a slight hint of worry. The little girl stayed quiet, deciding against getting these children in trouble. She could handle them herself! "Still won't talk? Fine." Ms. Tain gave her an annoyed expression, she didn't like it when students wouldn't answer her.

The little girl stared at the boy with freckles, he was apart of the group that harmed her, it made her angry. Now she is going to harm him. He walked up to her, attempted to apologize, but she couldn't hear him. "Make him pay, child. He deserves pain!" A voice screamed in her head, suddenly she felt her hand grab the boy with freckles's wrist and twist it. Her eyes went wide, she, the little girl, was twisting the boy with freckles's wrist, and hurting him. What if she...

Mary Bee felt her eyes flutter open, what happened? She couldn't remember if she had a dream or not. She thought she saw or heard something, it must've been nothing. She sat up, she fell back down again, she was to tired to deal with mother, or her stepfather, or her half brother. She just needed a moment to relax before she went onto her daily task. For now, she just wanted rest.