chapter 3

Galileo had always had good intentions. His father was a retired astronaut who had always yearned for discovery that shaped his mind and interests as a young child. He would even tell him about his space missions and the young boy would wonder what the space was like.

They deemed him a genius but for Leo, the true genius was his father. After all, he was his inspiration, the one who got him into thinking what others thought was impossible.

He had always wanted to help the world through discoveries, he had always wanted to be just like his father.

Naaalala pa niya kung kailan at paano nagbago ang lahat, klarong-klaro sa kanyang isipan, binabangungot siya ng mga alaala ng nakaraan gabi-gabi.

There were a lot of questions that were left to be answered, a lot of of things left to be discovered, a lot of mysteries left to be debunked-the mysteries of the universe. He had travelled to different places in search for the answers to his questions. He was almost convinced that he could never find the big answers at the ground, perhaps the skies would tell him, he just needed to look further.

Who knows?

That was why the QGP was proposed-the Quantum Gravity Project-a project that was meant to shake everything the world knew about the universe, a project that was meant to understand the whole system of existence.

Gravity. It gave him headache how little the world knew about gravity. People had been interacting with it since the beginning of time, the first fundamental force humanity recognized, yet no one still knew how to correctly treat it.

They had been studying it. Scientists knew how gravity behaved in the framework of space and time and can predict its influence on stars and planets with exquisite accuracy, but in the quantum picture of reality, it was completely different.

That was the birth of the Quantum Gravity theory, broadly construed. It was a physical theory that was meant to incorporate both the principles of general relativity and quantum theory.

But incorporating both general relativity and quantum mechanics into a one unified theory is no walk in the park. He had tried and tried to search for answers. Everything was to no avail until he found the big chunk of his puzzle, Engineer Cotejar.

He never expected anything when he read her journal. He knew that it was old, some of the information it contained were somehow outdated. One thing he discovered was her immense love for astronomy. After all, she was truly one of the remarkable candidates of the Quantum Gravity Project, also known as Caeles.

It was the project that the space administration was getting ready for. A search for the team of astronauts was conducted. The construction of the aircrafts was made and the AI that would help with the mission was developed. They were meant to launch the mission that would change the world.

All was well until things happened.

Iyon ang dahilan kung bakit pansamantala siyang nanahimik. He wanted to configure things on his own but he knew it wasn't that easy, it could be impossible even.

But when that night happened, there was a new beam of light, and he wondered what was with the engineer that triggered for such thing to happen.

Nilingon niya itong mahimbing na natutulog sa kama tsaka muling napaisip.

Alam niyang hindi iyon ang kauna-unahang pagkakataong nangyari ang bagay na katulad ng naranasan nya. Srinivasa Ramanujan, the one who formulated a theorem called modular functions that were used to deal with relativity and quantum mechanics, saw the formulas in his dreams. On a similar note, Einstein received the inspiration on his theory of general relativity in a dream as well.