22) Missing

It's been a month. Sans never came back. Neither did Grillby's wallet. But that wasn't important. Sans was. The authorities were called. A report was made. A skeleton was not found. Everyone tried so hard. So damn hard. But he was just gone. Papyrus lost a brother. Frisk lost an uncle. Grillby lost a boyfriend. He blamed himself. What did he do wrong? Was he too clingy? Or did he say something? Was Sans kidnapped in the middle of the night? If Grillby went out looking for him would Sans still be gone?

No one else had blamed him. They just thought that...well...there was really no explanation. He wasn't the type of monster to just up and leave. He cared for his friends and family far too much to do that. The police suspected fowl play. Either that or he was kidnapped. The grieving bartender was a main suspect, being the last person to see Sans alive. And, as we know, he was innocent. Everything went differently from then on. Metaton started staying with Papyrus to try and keep his mental state up. He may be an innocent monster, but he lost his entire blood family.

Frisk went back to live with Tori and Asgore. She would speak with Flowey about how much she misses Sans and hopes he comes home. Undyne went out day after day in search of the annoying bone head. She left early in the morning and returned late at night. While the fish monster slept, her girlfriend worked during the nights. She worked towards building a contraption that would track bio signs of any and all skeletons.

Smith had not been too worried. No she did not voice her opinion to the other monsters. She didn't want his family to suspect her of anything. I mean it's not like she's guilty but, something just told her he was just fine. She continued to go on missions with Grillby.

Grillby. He shut the bar down for a bit. Scar, Phoenix and Rodney all got to stay home, being paid as they did whatever in their own home. He had gone on missions with Smith in hopes of finding Sans. None were successful. He became depressed and had lots of doubt and self hatred in his being. After a little while, he chose to open his establishment back up and tried to work the pain away.

Little did anyone know, Sans was about to make a surprise visit.

Yeah this one is super short. I don't want to consider it a real chapter cause it's really more of something that just shows how Sans hadn't come home and how everyone else was dealing with it. I also tired so me want to zzz. I'll post the next chapter tomorrow and it's gonna be way longer. Ye