2.

Mia searches through the clothes rack before throwing something sparkly into my hands, and I realize that's it a tight dress. "Uh, This is a little short for you, don't you think?" I ask.

"Oh no, that's not mine. That's your dress sweetheart." She winks before skipping into the dressing rooms.

"Who says I'm going to this party?" I ask as I lean into the dressing room door.

"Come on Aubrey, it's my birthday in a few days. Do it for me." She whines.

"Fine, but you're driving." Oh, the sacrifices I make for my best friend.

"Don't be surprised if we get lost." She answers back before opening the door and revealing herself in a short lace red dress, with four inch high heels to match.

She examines herself in the mirror in front of us. "What do you think?" She asks.

"It's cute, despite the fact your butt cheeks are about to fall out." I laugh as she flips me the bird.

~~~

"I'm done." Mia squeals, and my eyes flicker open. I look into the mirror to see my new reflection.

"You look amazing, Aubrey!" Mia flashes me a bright smile and I nod. She was always great at hair and makeup, it was her thing. I have to say I look different - in a good way.

She throws some huge black heels into my hands. "What's this?" I ask.

"Your heels, duh." Mia rolls her eyes.

"Um, excuse me, but you aren't supposed to be spending your parent's money on me."

"Who says? I can do whatever I want with that money. My parents could care less if they found me drunk and slumped somewhere in an alleyway." She flips her hair as she lines her eyes with eyeliner.

I shake my head, but there's no protesting with Mia. Besides, as messed up as it is, it's half true.

I squeeze my feet into the uncomfortable heels, and stand up. I begin to wobble. "Oh no," I sigh. "This just isn't going to work."

Mia stabilizes me by grabbing my arms. "You are going to learn how to walk in these heels before we leave. You have to."

I sigh, then nod. I find my balance as I take each step toward the door.

~~~

Mia pulls up the driveway. "I hope this is the right address." She looks around, confused.

"Id bet my money on it." I say as I point to the big gate that guards the huge house - a mansion. I see lots of people crowded around the front of the house, talking and mingling.

"Well whoever owns this house has got it made!" Mia exclaims, her smile brightening her face.

We get toward the gate where the guards are standing. Mia rolls the window down. "Can I help you?" A tall, bulky man asks, his voice deep.

"Yeah, we were invited to a party." Mia says.

"Your names?" The other guard asks.

I poke my head towards the window. "Mia and Aubrey."

The guards look at each other before pressing a button to open the gate. They both nod, signaling us to go through it.

"I wonder how they knew we were invited?" I ask. Mia shrugs, continuing to drive until she finds a space to park.

She kills the engine and we both step out of the car, looking around. The house is huge. Its bigger than anything I had ever seen before.

I find Collin through the crowd of people. He's whispering in a girls ear - a stunning brunette who looks like a high fashion model. She laughs at whatever he has just whispered to her. Her laugh is perfect, as if she has been practicing it for years. Collin looks at me, and our eyes meet. His silver eyes are piercing, and he winks before walking toward me.

"Hey." A highly attractive guy approaches is before Collin does. Gosh, everyone is so perfect here.

"Hey," Mia blushes as she waves. I can see why - his sandy brown hair is effortlessly gelled and he's flashing her a perfect smile.

I feel pressure on my arm and I turn around, startled. "Um, excuse me?" I ask as I see Collin.

"Calm down, babe." He chuckles.

I yank my arm away. "Uh, I'm not your babe." I turn around to find Mia, but she's disappeared along with that good-looking boy. Ugh, cute boys were Mia's weakness.

Collin grabs my hand again, and this time I don't protest. He leads me up the grand stairs towards the front door.

A smile spreads across my face, and I quickly conceal it with my hand.

I notice the beautiful brunette scowling at me as we make our way up.