Chapter 3

Sam left and I got up, walking over to the closet and letting Tate out. He grinned. "I'd never bring a boy in," he mocked, causing me to hit his chest. "You're such a liar."

"Shut up and let's finish this movie," I chuckled, taking his hand and pulling him towards the bed. He chuckled and fell onto it, opening his arms for me to join him. I crawled into bed as well, leaning against him as he turned the TV back on and played the movie. "I wonder if they'll ever like you."

He gently rubbed my arm. "I'm sure they will eventually," he said softly.

"I hope so. I really like you, Tate. More than I've liked anyone else." I rolled over to face him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Well, I'd hope so. I am your boyfriend," he grinned, causing me to roll his eyes. "But I really like you too, Violet. I was so antisocial and lonely before I met you. My mom was super worried."

I smiled when I heard this. "Your mom is so nice to me."

"You're, like, my only friend. Of course she is," Tate chuckled. I laid down on his chest and smiled softly. "You're the best, Vi."

"No you."

~~~~~

"Babe, I need to get home," Tate said, slightly annoyed. "My mom has been telling me to come home for 30 minutes."

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. "They usually go to bed or at least go to their room earlier than this," I promised. "I'm so sorry Tate."

"Tate? Ooh, a boy. That's interesting," said a voice from the door. Both Tate and I turned and I immediately got on the defense.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?? The door was shut for a reason, you perv!" I snapped, walking to the intruding archangel. It didn't matter that he was taller than me. I wasn't afraid of this guy.

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "So dramatic. The door was actually open, and I was going to help you sneak your little boy toy out."

"Wait, really?" Tate asked, hope growing in his voice. Lucifer nodded. "Then let's do it."

"Why should we trust you?" I questioned, glaring at the devil, who just smirked.

"I was cast out because I rebelled. I love helping people, especially teens, rebel," he said. "C'mon. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are in the kitchen, they won't notice."

Tate grabbed his bag and took my hand, pulling me with him. Lucifer walked with us. "So what's it like? Dating someone who literally kills monsters?" Satan asked.

"Pretty cool, considering she killed the one in my house," Tate replied, glancing at him warily. I chuckled.

"Just walk," I told him with a soft chuckle, giving him a gentle push. Lucifer peeked over. "What do we say when they hear the door open?"

"I'm going for a smoke," Lucifer said, holding up a cigarette. "I don't smoke, but I find it to be a good reason to get some alone time."

I nodded. "Smart," I said before opening the door. Tate leaned down and kissed my forehead gently. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye," he smiled before jogging over to his bike and getting on. Lucifer gagged as he lit the cigarette, just letting it burn.

"You know you don't always have to be an asshole," I snarked, glancing him up and down. "It's okay for you to be nice every once in a while."

Lucifer smirked and shrugged. "Nah. It's funner to be like this."

I rolled my eyes and turned away from him, making my way back inside. As I jogged down the stairs, Sam and Dean walked into the map room. "Who just went outside?" Sam asked.

"Lucifer. He went out for a smoke," I promised. "I went up to check when I heard the door open."

Sam looked up the stairs and then looked at Dean. "I'll go make sure he doesn't do anything," the younger brother said. I nodded and walked out from under Dean's arm, making my way into the library to find a new book to read. No one else was in there now, so it would be a nice time to get some peace and quiet.

"Hey kid," Dean said. So much for peace and quiet. "Sam and I are looking at a hunt in Missouri. We won't be too far, so you can call us if you need to."

I nodded. "Sounds fine to me," I agreed, grabbing Puss and Boots off the shelf. The original; the German one. What can I say? I wasn't a fan of normal things.

"We were thinking you could teach the angels basic combat," my brother added calmly as he started to clean his guns at the table. "I know you can hold your own, and they have to learn how to fight the human way."

I sighed softly and sat in front of him, opening the book. I didn't really want to teach them, since they all seemed so stuck up. "Fine," I said, starting to read. "But if they start to get bitchy with me, I'm breaking someone's nose. Plus, I have kickboxing on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

"Sounds like a plan," Dean chuckled, patting my back. I looked up at him for a moment as he walked away. He was a great big brother; him and Sam both were. They took good care of me, and tried their very best to make sure I was happy. That was more than a lot of people got on a daily basis.

I read in silence for a while, which was nice. Most of the time there was some kind of noise: Dean's radio, Sam watching the news, Cas talking. There was always something going on in the bunker, which made it damn near impossible to study and read in the library without earbuds. The only problem with it was the fact that the archangels were way too quiet.

What the hell were they doing?

Ok guys i know i just started this book but I'm kind of in a John Wick obsession rn, so i might be writing a bit more for him. Sorry!1!
Heres a cursed image