6

Jimin instinctively continues to inch closer to Jungkook, still hesitant. He glances at Jungkook's chapped lips before looking at him in the eyes again, almost as if he were asking for permission.

Understanding what Jimin meant, Jungkook slowly nodded as the older continued to move closer, close enough that their breaths were colliding. They felt their bodies press together. And just as their lips were about to touch..

Jungkook's phone buzzed, blasting his tacky ringtone through the studio.

The two immediately shot up, surprised at what they were just about to do. Jimin straightened himself up, raking a hand through his hair. Jungkook quickly pulled out his phone from his back pocket, picking the call up.

"Hel-"

"YAH!! YOU'RE LATE YOU FUCKING BITCH, DO YOU WANT TO GET FIRED??"

Jungkook flinched, pulling the phone away from his ear. Shit. Shit. Shit. He totally forgot. He shot Jimin a quick glance when he noticed the blonde's stare on him, his brows furrowed in confusion. He seemed slightly irritated at the way the the male sounded in the other line.

The younger barely managed to let out, "N-no, sir, I-I'll be t-there soon.."

"You better be here in under 5 minutes. Otherwise, you can say goodbye to your job."

The brunette goes pale. Five minutes? He's so getting fired. He needs this job. He quickly shot up, grabbing his duffel bag that lay beside the couch as he rushed to gather his things.

Suddenly, he felt a grip on his wrist, stopping him from moving any further. He turned around, a confused Jimin standing right in front of him.

"I-I have to go to work- I'm so gonna get fired if I don't. I think I remember telling you I w-work at a bar?"

"Yeah, but.. right now? It's almost 10 pm."

Jungkook just shrugged, sighing, That's just how it is.."

The brunette quickly pulled out his phone to check the time again.

Jimin chuckled, "You know you have a watch right?"

"Oh, shut up."

The brunette opened up his phone and called an Uber, well, he tried his best to. His cracked phone wasn't really cooperating with him right now. He repeatedly tapped on his phone in frustration and sighed. "Of all days- Really? Now?"

Jungkook rubbed his temples in annoyance, completely forgetting that Jimin was even there.

Jimin reaches over to take Jungkook's hand in his softly, taking a look at Jungkook's jacked up phone.

"What happened to your phone?"

"It happened this morning.. The bus was too crowded and someone bumped into me, causing it to fall. I can't get it fixed since I'm on a tight budget, so I'm just gonna have to deal with it for now."

"Well I can-"

Ding.

Jungkook glances at his phone, sighing in relief when he found out his Uber was waiting outside for him.