"Wordless conversation"

And then it ends,as the disc starts to slow I skim through my collection of vinyl records,my fingers brushing past the smooth covers that are so delicately detailed,and I see it .
It's cover painted hiding whatever it originally was. Painted on the cover was Van Goghs 'starry night',a birthday gift I received from my part
time crush full time best friend,it's complicated. They were so proud when I finally reached their present at the small dinner party that was my birthday how they couldn't help but just smile as I tried guessing what it was . As I held the record in my hand I recalled previous memories I deemed unforgettable.

The record's songs were never quite my type,that is till i understood what they truly meant and how every note and beat hit harder. As they gifted me the record i'd play it whenever i could never truly feeling all the lyrics or even the slow sound. Never being able to wrap my head as to why they gifted this record to me I asked. That night they told me "because this is what you are to me,you're so slow yet so alive ,god, words don't ever seem to be enough to describe you but music's always more than enough . You're music to me" and then they proceeded let small chuckles out as if they felt embarrassed .

I was music then . As we shared that moment i remember crying to the songs later that night, they really were a summery of what i was .

As i picked up the record taking it out of it's custom case i grinned at all the fond memories I wish I could relive,sadly I can't. Now this beautiful record I've been gifted is the only memory I have to remember you by. You've flown away from me, but it's fine as I know you're doing alright.
I miss you ,please do well.