" nothing "

The drive seems long and anything but comfortable as the air is tense. Even a sigh seems as if it were a shout of pure anger . As the light from our screens seem to be the only thing that brighten up our faces we continue to keep quite and make sure to keep distant. We tap away on our phones wishing for any possible distractions ,not wanting to face each other after barking out daggers that seemed to hit all the right points. This is how we often ended things. Everything would be great until the very end in which we both grew tired of each other and the only escape was staring at a bright screen. In moments like these I questioned as to why we were still together and why we withstood all each other's shit. We both clearly knew the answer to this question which always seemed impossible to answer . We were afraid , afraid of being the reason everything hurt and hearts were hurt,but, in pretending everything was fine we continued to pierce each other's hearts more acting as if this toxic relationship was everything but. God had we ruined each other and not in the way we intended and that's why we're here. As I sit next to you in the dark car mind screaming for me to say something I didn't mean,but instead saying ' we should break up ' in the most nonchalant voice I could muster up.