34; choose your fate

Just to Clarify; Elias can't remember the last time he had such a peaceful sleep.

He wakes up naturally, unaware of his surroundings but so blissfully calm that Elias isn't sure he is awake as he cracks his eyes open. For a second the rooms unfamiliar, the scent on the sheets isn't his own but something better and there's something under his outstretched palm. It's cold. There's only one thing he can feel that's cold. Jasper.

That triggers last night memory- most of it anyway. The shower part feels like a dream, especially the part where Jasper undressed. Jesus, how did he manage to even look without touching? Talk about self control.

Without thinking about it, Elias states in a rough morning voice, "Am I dead?"

Whatever part of Jasper Eli is touching vibrates as he laughs lightly. "Do you feel dead?" He asks.

Elias turns over from where he's been staring at the glass windows of Jasper and actually faces the boy. His arms got a weird ache from how awkwardly he'd reached out for Jasper in his sleep but it's all worth it when he's met with the sight of Jaspers smile.

"I want to say I'm in heaven, but I don't think I've been good enough to land myself there," Elias yawns a little, which causes Jaspers lips to stretch more. A shot of warmth lingers on Eli's skin. "Also, my hearts racing so much right now, so I think I'm alive."

Another laugh, deep and real. Elias presses his head into a pillow to stop the way he wants to giggle in return.

"Good morning darlin," Jasper says quietly, as if to not break the tranquillity cast over them. His eyes are dark yet warm as they trace Eli's face; clear tan skin touched with a hint of red, thick lashes covering thunderstorm grey eyes, plump lips that are desperately trying to not upturn.

Jasper reaches out tentatively, unaware of what the boundaries are now, what's too much and too little. He decides to test his luck and trace his fingers over the warmth of Eli's cheek. The humans eyes slip close for a moment, liking the feel, so Jasper takes it as encouragement to carry on dusting his fingers over different parts of skin.

They stay there for a while. Elias' hand still over Jaspers silent heart, his head buried in the pillows, the vampires fingers feeling Eli's exposed skin. By the time he's starts tracing the scar embedded across the humans throat, Elias finally decides to ask. "What time is it?"

"Almost eleven," the blond replies without moving or looking at anything. Elias still trust the answer.

"Shit," the curly haired boy hums in delight. Jasper smiles to himself as it tickles his fingers, "I haven't slept that long in a while."

The movement of cold fingers against Elias' skin stops. "Are you having nightmares again?" He asks sternly.

The human cracks a eye open, his tone light and joking despite how his heart plummets to his stomach. "Why did I say something in my sleep, did you catch anything with my emotions?" Please say no, please say no. I do not want to explain my nightmare right now.

Jaspers gaze could make the toughest criminal confess. "Snips of happiness, relaxation. Very calming," he taps his fingers rhythmically on the dip between the dark haired boys collarbones, "you didn't answer my question."

A pout comes naturally as Elias states sarcastically, "Why ask a question if you know the answer?"

"Because I want you to talk about what I'm asking about," Jasper encourages seriously, concern darkening his gaze.